Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pinky the Hell cat needs a good home...

thew

Originally posted by Woofer Magoo

yyeeeooouuuccchhh!!!

As a cat owner myself, I have discovered that some cats just do not take to leashes.

I also own cats. I had one once that responded much the same way to leashes. That's too funny.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How To Give Your Cat a Pill

by Peggy Althoff

Grasp cat firmly in your arms. Cradle its head onyour elbow, just as if you were giving baby a bottle. Coo confidently, "Thatsa nice kitty." Drop pill into its mouth.

Retrieve cat from top of lamp and pill from undersofa.

Follow same procedure as in 1, but hold cat's frontpaws down with left hand and back paws down with elbow of right arm. Pokepill into its mouth with right forefinger.

Retrieve cat from under bed. Get new pill from bottle.(Resist impulse to get new cat.)

Again proceed as in 1, except when you have cat firmlycradled in bottle-feeding position, sit down on edge of chair, fold yourtorso over cat, bring your right hand over your left elbow, open cat's mouthby lifting the upper jaw and pop the pill in - quickly. Since your head isdown by your knees, you won't be able to see what you're doing. That's justas well.

Leave cat hanging on drapes. Leave pill in yourhair.

If you're a woman, have a good cry. If you're a man,have a good cry.

Now pull yourself together. Who's the boss here anyway?Retrieve cat and pill. Assuming position 1, say sternly, "Who's the bosshere, anyway?" Open cat's mouth, take pill and...Oooops!

This isn't working, is it? Collapse and think. Aha!Those flashing claws are causing the chaos.

Crawl to linen closet. Drag back large beach towel.Spread towel on floor.

Retrieve cat from kitchen counter and pill from pottedplant.

Spread cat on towel near one end with its head overlong edge.

Flatten cat's front and back legs over its stomach.(Resist impulse to flatten cat.)

Roll cat in towel. Work fast; time and tabbies waitfor no man-or woman.

Resume position 1. Rotate your left hand to cat'shead. Press its mouth at the jaw hinges like opening the petals of asnapdragon.

Drop pill into cat's mouth and poke gently. Voila!It's done.

Vacuum up loose fur (cat's). Apply bandages to wounds(yours).

Take two aspirins and lie down.

Originally posted by riggo-toni

Pinky, I'd like you to meet Tyrone, our new Doberman Pinscher up for adoption... :evil:

I happen to own a doberman, best dog in the world. That's just wrong Riggo. Way to perpertrate the stereotype of dobermans as vicious. Now say you're sorry.

http://www.hoflin.com/BR/Doberman%20Pinscher

Make sure you read the whole thing, here is an excerpt....

"None but a Dobe for my family.

We have two small children and people often freak out when I say that we're looking for a Doberman puppy. "Why in the world would you put your children at risk when there are so many other dogs to choose from?" a co-worker just asked yesterday. We had a georgous female Doberman that we had to put to sleep because of an inoperable breast tumor in December. She was a great friend and companion to my husband and I for five years before we had children; we got her primarily to force us to stay active and keep in shape. Her true colors as a companion did not blossom until the birth of our first daughter when she became extremely sensitive and unbelievably protective. She would follow our baby around as she learned to walk and got as many licks in as was allowed (much to the chagrin of my mother-in-law). When our second daughter arrived she seemed to know that her babysitting duties were starting all over again. She never blinked an eye during the fours years of being poked, pulled, climbed on and yes, even chewed on by our kids. She would sleep in the doorway of their bedroom during naptime and served as a pillow in front of the T.V. We miss the security we felt leaving her in the front yard with them if we needed to run into the house for a minute. Our 4-year old still includes her in her bedtime prayers. We are looking for another Doberman puppy so that our kids can grow up with a gentle friend that can scare away the "bad guys". We would not hesitate for a minute to encourage people with small children to choose a Doberman over some of the traditional "kid friendly" breeds. Ours was an extremely intelligent, loyal, gentle 95 pound lap dog and we hope to find another. "

How to Give a Cat a Bath:

1. [*] Thoroughly clean the toilet.

[*] Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water, and have both lids lifted.

[*] Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

[*] In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot escape). CAUTION: Do not get any part of your body too close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for any purchase they can find.

[*] Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a 'power wash and rinse' which is quite effective.

[*] Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.

[*] Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

[*] The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run outside where he will dry himself.[/list=1]

Originally posted by indygo

How to Give a Cat a Bath:

[*] Thoroughly clean the toilet.

[*] Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water, and have both lids lifted.

[*] Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

[*] In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot escape). CAUTION: Do not get any part of your body too close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for any purchase they can find.

[*] Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a 'power wash and rinse' which is quite effective.

[*] Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.

[*] Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

[*] The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run outside where he will dry himself.[/list=1]

:rotflmao: :notworthy

I still have a scar on my hand from trying to get my wife's cat (ok it's my cat too) off a leash a few years ago. The cat freaked out while the leash was on and I got torn up trying to get the leash off of her. She bit right through two towels and a pair of gloves.

She takes baths just fine, but I don't think we are going to try the leash thing again.

Archived