Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warner Not Clicking!

afparent

Today's NY Post:

June 15, 2004 -- Ever since he signed with the Giants, the sight of Kurt Warner shaking his head in disgust is a common one, a sight that again could be seen at yesterday's mini-camp.

Like a pitcher without command of his pitches, Warner is not happy with the way the ball is coming out of his hand. Many of his throws wobble in the air and fall short of the receiver. Warner attributes his sluggish start to nothing more than a lack of familiarity with the offense, his new teammates and just about everything involved in the quarterback position with the Giants as opposed to the Rams.

"It's just not natural yet," he said. "Learning the offense and thinking about so much, it just hasn't got to that point where it's just clicked, where everything just slows down and you can just play. That part's frustrating for me, because after doing it for a certain way for so long and then having to kind of start over, it's frustrating.

"You just don't have that comfort feel. You're just not quite sure where everybody's going to be, sometimes you're turning and throwing quick. Even the cadence isn't natural yet, all the timing things, the feel, the footwork, it's all new. I can't stop thinking about it at night, thinking, 'You would never do that, why did you do that?' It's frustrating for me."

Could be a very LONG season for the giants...

between him, tiki fumbler, and team dissention...wow...

good for us...!!!

I think he is done...

I will say it was a great story when he lit it up the year they won the

super bowl...i kinda liked him, i mean we didnt have much to cheer about..

however, he is in our division...i hope we destroy the giants 2 times this year.

Like a pitcher without command of his pitches, Warner is not happy with the way the ball is coming out of his hand. Many of his throws wobble in the air and fall short of the receiver. Warner attributes his sluggish start to nothing more than a lack of familiarity with the offense, his new teammates and just about everything involved in the quarterback position with the Giants as opposed to the Rams.

Ya... the ducks wobbling from his hands are a byproduct of learning the new system. Ya... that's it... :gaintsuck

Nick

Originally posted by parkboy22

Could be a very LONG season for the giants...

between him, tiki fumbler, and team dissention...wow...

good for us...!!!

I think he is done...

I will say it was a great story when he lit it up the year they won the

super bowl...i kinda liked him, i mean we didnt have much to cheer about..

however, he is in our division...i hope we destroy the giants 2 times this year.

Oh, and don't forget about this new tidbit:

SportsLine.com wire reports

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Tests on the right foot of two-time Pro Bowl tight end Jeremy Shockey have found a "hot spot" that is causing concern among the New York Giants.

Bang is right. Go back and look at highlights from the last two years Warner played with the Rams. Many of his passes had the "Kilmer" wobble to them. Regardless of what he, his wife Brenda, and the experts say...... his thumb (hand) is the reasoning and will ultimately end his career.

Originally posted by afparent

Oh, and don't forget about this new tidbit:

SportsLine.com wire reports

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Tests on the right foot of two-time Pro Bowl tight end Jeremy Shockey have found a "hot spot" that is causing concern among the New York Giants.

They are reporting the same thing on ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1821895

I think that while this is still mini camp, the ball wobbling in the air, and falling short has nothing to do with not knowing the offensive scheme, foot work yes but scheme no. Look at Eli, when hw went to his first camp the ball was a tight spiral that was normally thrown 15 yrds down field. He didn't know the system.

To paraphrase a line from yesterday's Jim Rome show:

"Either this guy's just not right, or he's done."

Actually he was talking about Hideo Nomo, but the same would apply to Warner, methinks.

IF there was some kind of degenerative problem with his hand or gripping motion, these are exactly the kinds of warning signs you would expect to see.

Better sack up, Eli!

Originally posted by Rock-Bufford

I think the big question is this.

What will San Diego do with the 1st and 2nd overall picks next year?

I know it was rhetorical, but they'll end up with Mike Williams (if he plays) or Braylon Edwards and either Derrick Johnson or Best OL Available (Barron from FSU?)

Anyway, I feel badly for Warner and the Giants fans. Warner because he was a good story and Giants fans because they'll have to deal with that horrid wife of his screaming for a trade when they pull him for Eli.

Archived