Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar Arrington & Shawn Springs on Sportscenter (Hearsay)

skns4life

Originally posted by FedUpField

I think that shark was jumped when he appeared on While You Were Out....eesh....

- FUF

Seriously, I have no idea what that means. Can somebody elaborate for me?

Hugh Douglass came off as a smart guy. Most of the others were, well, no so smart.

"Hearsay" is a ESPN two player game with one giving clues about the subject, but the four best clues you can not use. So if the answer was Lavar you couldn't use....."Redskin/Linebacker/Penn State or #56" something like that.

I think it's hilarious to watch the athletes. I'm not sure what time it's on, but's it's Sunday so I'm gonna guess the Sunday night SportsCenter.

Seriously, I have no idea what that means. Can somebody elaborate for me?

A show or person "jumps the shark" whenever their appearances or new ideas get old.

I think "jump the shark" is a reference to when Fonzi on "Happy Days" jumped a shark-infested tank on a motorcycle (though I might have made that up).

It's usually used to describe a show that comes out with too outlandish an idea to keep viewers interested. Like on Flintstones when Fred had that green dude floating around next to him...

Hey, they have to be better than Chad and Rudi Johnson from the Bengals!! Ed Reed and Baxter from the Ravens did horrendous as well...as long as they are better than those two groups of clowns, I'll be happy.

Why does ESPN always have to get the most thugged-out athletes on HereSay? Why can't we have Jansen and RAmsey...those two would be great!

LAVAr has a job with ESPN when he is done playing!

Archived