Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When looking back at last season......

TMat184

I don't remember the exact # but I know we lost alot of games by 4 points or less. 5-11 is a terrible record but this wasn't a terrible team in my eyes. This makes me VERY optimistic about the potential of this team. Talent can keep you in games and now we have even more talent as well as a coach that is going to put guys in the right spots and control the clock with a running game. No more false starts THANK GOD :puke: I think after the preseason games Gibbs is gonna have this team ready to rock and roll. I can forsee flipping that 5-11 to 11-5 with the Iggles going 10-6. I know I'm overly optimistic but this man (Gibbs) has brought us to glory 3 times before and he has a ton of talent to work with. HAIL! :point2sky

What's really optimistic is that J.G. always had his teams in the game and in the hunt for the playoffs . i believe you will see that same type of play again from the redskins . which has bee a long time waiting . i'm not gonna make any predictions here on what the skins record will be , it's gonna be a dogfight for the division though that much i will say , no more just handing to the Eagles the division crown :doh: having said that 10 -6 is not a bad start for the skins before the playoff start ;)

:ravensuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

As talented as the Eagles are and the coaching staff, it is extremely rare to go to the championship game 4 times in a row. The only team that I can recall doing that in the last 20 years was the Buffalo Bills, and they lost all of those Super Bowls.

The Eagles clearly have the talent and the coaching to do it. The question will be if the players have the heart, drive, and determination to stay focused are getting there. There is a very high likelihood that the team could deflate and take a step back, even with the new free agent signings.

They will still make the playoffs, but it will be interesting to see how far they get. Given the toughness of the NFC East, it is very possible that Philly does not end up with home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Originally posted by Number5

I agree you won't hand it to us.....but it still will be ours......

Remember that this is only McNabb's 6th year.....he is still pretty young.

Good for you Number5!! Support your team to the end (which is coming pretty quick in my opinion).

So what that Mcnabb is only in his 6th season. He still can't throw a ball into a receiver stomach in stride.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

So what that Mcnabb is only in his 6th season. He still can't throw a ball into a receiver stomach in stride.

Easy, easy... he has only been at this six seasons. Give him another couple... :laugh:

Nick

I really want a blowout! Every game the last few seasons it seemed like were very close. The 'skins love to scare their fans at the end of the games. I really, really want a couple of 45-10, 35 -7 games, games that are not even close. I really miss that.

Originally posted by bnacpa

As talented as the Eagles are and the coaching staff, it is extremely rare to go to the championship game 4 times in a row. The only team that I can recall doing that in the last 20 years was the Buffalo Bills, and they lost all of those Super Bowls.

Dallas went to four in a row and won three out of those four. Lost one of them to SF.

Originally posted by Eparadox

I think one thing is certain...if Gibbs wins us another SB, he has to seriously be considered the greatest football coach of all time.

My question what can anyone do/give Gibbs more than what he already has got. He's already a HOF what are they going to do, induct him a second time, or should they just build him his own room?

Originally posted by jrfriedm

My question what can anyone do/give Gibbs more than what he already has got. He's already a HOF what are they going to do, induct him a second time, or should they just build him his own room?

I think "The Joe Gibbs Wing" has a nice ring to it... :logo:

Nick

I agree you won't hand it to us.....but it still will be ours......

That does it, number5. I'm stalkin' yo ass now. Gonna post where you post and jab when you jab. (Psych. Just glad to have a cool Igg in da house for now.)

You guys have a lot to look forward to right now, but I wouldn't be talking all dat trash. The injury bug can strike ANY team and you guys have been pretty lucky the last couple of years. Also, the Terrell Owens virus. It's not flesh-eating, but it KILLS. Ask the Niner fans. (Oh yeah- after cleaning house the way San Fran did, there ARE no Niner fans left, I guess.) :laugh:

Originally posted by TMat184

I don't remember the exact # but I know we lost alot of games by 4 points or less. 5-11 is a terrible record but this wasn't a terrible team in my eyes. This makes me VERY optimistic about the potential of this team. Talent can keep you in games and now we have even more talent as well as a coach that is going to put guys in the right spots and control the clock with a running game. No more false starts THANK GOD :puke: I think after the preseason games Gibbs is gonna have this team ready to rock and roll. I can forsee flipping that 5-11 to 11-5 with the Iggles going 10-6. I know I'm overly optimistic but this man (Gibbs) has brought us to glory 3 times before and he has a ton of talent to work with. HAIL! :point2sky

i feel the same way. im expecting a winning season, at least 9-7, although that may not be enough to get into the post season.

2003 Regular Season

9/21 New York Giants 24-21 OT L

10/5 @ Philadelphia Eagles 25-27 L

11/2 @ Dallas Cowboys 14-21 L

11/16 @ Carolina Panthers 17-20 L

11/23 @ Miami Dolphins 23-24 L

11/30 New Orleans Saints 24-20 L

12/21 @ Chicago Bears 24-27 L

Thats seven losses by 7 points or less (and 6 games by 4 pts or less). i think in 4 of those games, had the defense made a stop, its a W. no we have a coach who believes in ball control, a real running game and a defensive coordinator that will attack. it all looks promising, barring injury.

The last two seasons under Spurrier were the most undisiplined teams the Nations Capital has ever seen. Spurrier had no control whatsoever over this team. It has all changed now with the arrival of Joe Gibbs. Things will be much better this season. A blind man can see that!

Archived