Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More Lesnar news...

J33Edwards

I saw this on a video game message board...since I couldn't reply to it in the breaking news section I thought I would post it up in this forum.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/4802803.html

"The only question is he's 26. How long will it take for him to learn how to play the game?" - Tony Dungy

Hes a longshot but still I think our staff should at least attend the workout. The Redskins aren't mentioned as confirming they will be there but I'm sure that doesn't mean they have ruled it out.

It's kinda strange to see him without an over the top "mean guy" face. lol. Every time I've ever seen the guy he's flexing and making all kind of faces.

In all seriousness though, he may actually be worth a look. Anyone with that kind of size, stength, speed, and agility, not to mention the understanding of leverage that comes with amateur wrestling, could be a real force. They all talk about it taking a long time for him to learn, but realistically speaking what does he have to learn? D-Line is not the most mentally trying of positions, and it isn't like he has never played before.

Park City Skins,

I am sorry but I do not see why that is so far-fetched an idea to you. His physical attributes alone are worthy of a look from NFL teams. As the article stated he has a fast 40-time, a good vertical leak, and un-deniable physical attributes. Being as good a wrestler as he was I am sure he understands all about leverage and how to dis-engage. I think he has a good shot at a roster spot.

what kind of thread is this? :doh:

Originally posted by panel

The Cardinals should sign him as a crown drawer, we don't need flash, we need skill.

:wtf:

Originally posted by Invictus56

Interesting fact - Dwayne Johnson aka "The Rock" played for the Universty of Miami and then a year in the CFL. He was a DE but lost his NFL chance due to multiply injuries.

:laugh:

Originally posted by tkatz

Park City Skins,

I am sorry but I do not see why that is so far-fetched an idea to you. His physical attributes alone are worthy of a look from NFL teams. As the article stated he has a fast 40-time, a good vertical leak , and un-deniable physical attributes.

:rotflmao:

"Good verticle leak" = best line ever.

I still find it hilarious that many of the same folks (and you know who you are) who want to base an entire draft board on combines and workouts are so quick to dismiss Lesnar, who is obviously very gifted athletically.

Let's have some consistency please.

I guy like this should be looked at soley for special teams with maybe a project in mind as a DE down the road. If he does have that kind of strength and speed and "the quickness" he could be worth a roster spot.

Maybe a situational TE ala New England's Mike Vrabel?

Originally posted by Symbol

My prediction, he'll make an NFL team as a special teams player, and in 2 years he'll be starting for a team. He won't be a big time player, but he'll be starting.

Lesnar won't wait around for 2 years before he gets a starting spot. He has millions waiting for him in wrestling. If he isn't slated to start by next year he will go back to wrestling.

I think he can succeedd. His vertical leak is too great to underestimate. :laugh:

The Big question would be thta after years of bulking...and god knowning what he did to bulk...can his body get back down to some sort of flexibilty/mobility to play the game of football.

And then what about his instincts? How long has he been exposed to the techniques of football at any level?

Just cause the dude's big and might be able to run...doesn't make him a football player.

Archived