Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Portis Number Thread With An Idea

JoeSkins

Since David Terrell is now gone to Al Davis' team, why not just let Iffy have 26, let Taylor have 36, as it is right now, and give Portis number 31? 31 Seems to be a good number for RBs, and it seems to fit Portis. I gave him 31 for Madden, and it looks much better than 29, and even (gulp) 28...

Do you think that is what Gibbs was talking about when he mentioned asking former players for permission to use their numbers a few weeks ago? 28 and 81, mayhaps?

I love the way that some people on here says stuff like "let Iffy keep #26" or "well , since Portis is gonna make more money, he will get #26"

Sorry folks, but it works only one way. Iffy has the number, and he keeps it as long as he wants it, because he had it 1st. If Portis wants it, he has to pay Iffy something for it.

It's how ALL the NFL teams do it

"22" that was Mike Thomas' old #. He was a good young back that got hurt after his 2-3rd year I believe. Someone else help me on what happened to Mike. I just remember the Baltimore Colts having Lydell Mitchell and we had Thomas.

Originally posted by TC4

Sorry folks, but it works only one way. Iffy has the number, and he keeps it as long as he wants it, because he had it 1st. If Portis wants it, he has to pay Iffy something for it.

It's how ALL the NFL teams do it

Someone should have told that to Spurrier last year. He gave Tre Johnson's number 77 to Randy Thomas because he was going to be a starter. But Tre was cut any way so........

Originally posted by TLusby

"22" that was Mike Thomas' old #. He was a good young back that got hurt after his 2-3rd year I believe. Someone else help me on what happened to Mike. I just remember the Baltimore Colts having Lydell Mitchell and we had Thomas.

Yes, Mike Thomas wore 22. Only played like 2 years I think. I don't remember what happened to him. I think that was in the Pardee years, so I was quite young.

Do you think that is what Gibbs was talking about when he mentioned asking former players for permission to use their numbers a few weeks ago? 28 and 81, mayhaps?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see 81 and 28 fielded this year. The only players he could really talk to about it are his old players.

I could see Portis wearing 28 and Thrash 81

They should make it like college where any position can wear any number they want. I think it's blisteringly cool when a RB wears a single digit number.

And who wouldn't want to see Ramsey sporting number 99?

By the way, Jake, I love that pic your sig.

Darrell greens number should never be worn by a redskin...same with art monk. Both players made the redskins what they are....as you think about the redskins, what comes into your mind....Darrell Green, art monk, and the hogs....as well as joe gibbs....i wonder if a coach's shirt type can be retired...?

I got an idea, let iffy and portis play "Paper, Rock, Scissiors" and whoever wins 2 out of 3, gets the jersey number. I am kinda tired of the number deal. Portis makes ungodly amounts of money. Pay the man and get it over with.

Originally posted by Rypien 91

I got an idea, let iffy and portis play "Paper, Rock, Scissiors" and whoever wins 2 out of 3, gets the jersey number. I am kinda tired of the number deal. Portis makes ungodly amounts of money. Pay the man and get it over with.

I have an idea, Portis should just get over it. Iffy is keeping the number. That's it.

Originally posted by jimster

I wouldn't be surprised if we see 81 and 28 fielded this year. The only players he could really talk to about it are his old players.

I could see Portis wearing 28 and Thrash 81

Thrash wearing #81 would make me :puke:

If you're going to dip into those numbers do it for a "star" or at least a starter.

Originally posted by TheOtherGardner

Darrell greens number should never be worn by a redskin...same with art monk. Both players made the redskins what they are....as you think about the redskins, what comes into your mind....Darrell Green, art monk, and the hogs....as well as joe gibbs....i wonder if a coach's shirt type can be retired...?

Thank You! D. Green has not even been gone long enough to let someone wear his number as for Thrash or anybody else wearing Monk's number ........#%^&*! nuff said.

Archived