Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Killer Swan drowns 2 dogs, Peta surrenders...

Thiebear

Dogs owned by Horrible humans so Swan wins peta sympathy...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1516&ncid=1516&e=3&u=/afp/20040525/od_afp/britain_animals_swans_040525205015

Offbeat - AFP

'Killer' swans on the loose in central England

Tue May 25, 4:50 PM ET Add Offbeat - AFP to My Yahoo!

LONDON (AFP) - Dog owners in a town in central England were urged to beware of killer swans after two of their canine friends were drowned by enraged birds.

AFP/DDP/File Photo

Mansfield district council reported that a male swan had fatally attacked a dog that had dived into a pond at a local park, with an animal rights activist describing the behavior as "highly unusual."

The council said the swan, a bird known by animal experts to be fiercely protective of their territory and family, had merely sought to protect its offspring.

It was the second such deadly incident in as many weeks.

Earlier this week, a third dog was also badly injured by a swan at another Mansfield park.

"These are quite frightening incidents and we are keen to warn dog owners that it is important in any public space to keep your dog under control," said a council spokesman.

"We do sympathize with the dog owners in the first two cases but we also need to protect the wildlife in our parks," he added

Swans are very strong animals and can be very danderous. A buddies kid brother got to close to one time, the swan hit him in the arm and broke his arm in 2 spots. From what my buddy was telling me is that Swans wings are like baseball bats and can kill a person.

I think what you guys are missing is that if you try to kill a swan in the water your a dead man, the swan will win. Even if you take on the swan outside the water you better have some type of weapon. The are bad ass animals believe it or not.

Originally posted by halter91

They were probably FRENCH poodles. My dog would have them for lunch! He's a big boy and loves to chase birds. Half Rotty/Half Boxer.

Dude trust me you would not want your dog messign with a swan they are bad ass..:cheers:

Archived