Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Players in this League Are Overrated or Underrated

DCMONEY

I'll start with over-rated. One that comes to mind to me is Kearse. He has times when he takes plays off to me. One guy thats under rated to me is right here in our own back yard McCants. I feel if he's given more of a role he could be a very good WR. he has Monk type size and he's lil bigger and faster.

Originally posted by DCMONEY

You think Ray Lewis is over rated? Wow!

Yes. Yes I do. And I'll tell you why. While he is a great team motivator, and captian. Yet, I he too does over pursue, he hasn't had injury free season in 3 years. He does miss takles (I know every one misses takles from time to time, but I think he looks for the big hit to often which causes him miss a lot of tackles).

Oh and the fact that he belongs in prison, is just a side effect.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

Yes. Yes I do. And I'll tell you why. While he is a great team motivator, and captian. Yet, I he too does over pursue, he hasn't had injury free season in 3 years. He does miss takles (I know every one misses takles from time to time, but I think he looks for the big hit to often which causes him miss a lot of tackles).

Oh and the fact that he belongs in prison, is just a side effect.

those are absolutely ridiculous reasons to call ray lewis overrated.

basically you said:

1. he is a great team motivator and captain

2. he over pursues

3. he has injuries

4. he misses tackles.

5. he belongs in jail

1. is a plus for any player

2/4. he is the best open field tackler in the league. sure he misses some plays but guess what, he's also playing against some pretty sick running backs. and watch, he will make at least 15 tackles on C.P. this year.

3. sure he has injuries, he also plays through them and makes the plays.

5. this one is just silly. and in case you never realized it, he is pretty friendly with lavar and you can catch the two of them at basketball games together, so does that mean lavar should be in jail?

and just to add an extra point: not only is he the best open field tackler, but he is also a great coverage backer, knows the game in side and out, and also knows the history.

personal views aside, he's a student of the game who does everything right.

Overrated:

Zach Thomas and Junior Seau - Thomas is the only guy I ever saw Ricky Watters run away from (later in his career in an Eagles' uniform) and Seau hits the wrong gap more often than Jeremiah Trotter.

Chad Pennington - The guy is good, but these constant "Joe Montana" comparisons are more than a little annoying.

Underrated:

Amani Toomer - Tall, good hands, decent speed. That guy quietly does a good job year after year.

Todd Heap - After last season, I'm not sure if he still qualifies for the category, but Heap is as good as any TE in the NFL.

John Runyan - While playing on a severely sprained ankle, the guy has two bad games against Michael Strahan a few years ago and that's all anyone ever wants to talk about.

Originally posted by nace14

5. this one is just silly. and in case you never realized it, he is pretty friendly with lavar and you can catch the two of them at basketball games together, so does that mean lavar should be in jail?

He belongs in jail because he is a murderer, and just because he is buddy buddy with Lavar doesn't mean that Lavar should go to jail. Ray killed a person. End of disscussion.

Absolutly, Ray is a great player who has extreme skill, and talent. However, I do not think that he is as good as he is built up to be.

Ray Lewis isn't overrated. McNabb is, although he is being more and more exposed as of late. TO's new job this year is to really expose McNabb for the fraud that he is, for all of ESPN and FOX Sports casters to see, and write stories on.

He belongs in jail because he is a murderer, and just because he is buddy buddy with Lavar doesn't mean that Lavar should go to jail. Ray killed a person. End of disscussion.

Listen, I'm not a big RLewis fan on a personal level, but making claims like this is idiotic. No one (who is familiar with what took place) ever said he killed someone. He was on trial for being there and having someone he knew kill the guy. He pleaded down so the DA obviously felt they didn't even have that strong of a case in the first place.

Absolutly, Ray is a great player who has extreme skill, and talent. However, I do not think that he is as good as he is built up to be.

Ray Lewis didn't kill anybody, if you're gonna bash a guy at least get the facts straight.

Jake Plummer is the most overrated qb in the NFL. The press had the Broncos in the Super Bowl because they got this guy last year and honestly, what has he ever done to deserve that kind of cred?

Compared to Jake Plummer, Mark Brunell is the greatest qb to have ever laced up the cleats :laugh:

Over-rated: Kurt Warner, Quincey Carter (yes, I have seen him rated high in, of course, SI), Donavan McNabb, Jake Plummer

Under-rated: Darnarian McCants, Fred Smoot, John Jansen

Mind you, this is just my opinion based somewhat on what I have read & heard. Please don't string me up for it. ;)

you do realize that ray got in trouble because it has been claimed that a friend of his murdered a guy at a night club and then ray helped him get out of the club and into his limo and lied to the police about his envolvement. he ended up confessing to what really happened, and basically turned his friend in for a lesser charge than aiding and abedding (sp?). (something along those lines, i don't have the facts in front of me)

seeing as he hangs out with lavar some, according to your logic lavar must be guilty by association of murder too.

Over rated: Bobby Taylor, former Eagle CB, called himself the blanket, for christ sake, overrates himself, there's nothing new, but then go and get hurt all year, and then complain that Philly doesn't give you any love.

He was exposed for the no talent he really is by being the last CB picked up in FA, congrats Seattle.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS !!!

Originally posted by phantom

Overrated:

Zach Thomas and Junior Seau - Thomas is the only guy I ever saw Ricky Watters run away from (later in his career in an Eagles' uniform) and Seau hits the wrong gap more often than Jeremiah Trotter.

Chad Pennington - The guy is good, but these constant "Joe Montana" comparisons are more than a little annoying.

Underrated:

Amani Toomer - Tall, good hands, decent speed. That guy quietly does a good job year after year.

Todd Heap - After last season, I'm not sure if he still qualifies for the category, but Heap is as good as any TE in the NFL.

John Runyan - While playing on a severely sprained ankle, the guy has two bad games against Michael Strahan a few years ago and that's all anyone ever wants to talk about.

Runyan is one of the highest payed players at his position. Obviously someone thinks he is good......

Archived