Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports trivia thread.

We have ask question, babe pics and word association thread but we dont have sports trivia thread?

Well I'll start off by asking the first trivia and if ya with it, go with the flow. If not oh well, at least i tried.

Who is the youngest male tennis player to win the wimbledon?

I like the idea, but only if the question topics are limited. I’d loose interest if someone asks a question like '‘who placed second in the 1949 Canadian curling championship..?’

How about NFL only, if you answer a question correctly you get to ask the next one. Correct answer must be verified by a legitimate web-link or say-so from the person asking the question in the first place. Answer a question wrong and you have to web-cam yourself singing ‘Hail to the Redskins’ in your pajamas. No? ok...

:logo:

Portsmouth Spartans = Mariucci and company

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/det/lions.html

who placed second in the 1956 Saskatchewan curling championship?

kidding

Originally posted by wkelch

I like the idea, but only if the question topics are limited. I’d loose interest if someone asks a question like '‘who placed second in the 1949 Canadian curling championship..?’

The winner of the 1949 Brier (Canadian Curling Championship )was Ken Watson. Now bow before the omnipotentent and onmipresent power of GOOGLE! :D

Das some long Jeopardy music - cmon, what's the answer???

Ok here's one -

What was the name of the Head Coach, as interim after Vince Lombardi passed away in his only lone season as Head Coach of the Washington Redskins in 1970?

How about this for us Redskins fans...name the legendary first Native American to achieve All-American status in the NCAA...hints...he had a killer name and played for a perennially top-rated team...

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Jim Thorpe

Sonny Sixkiller of The Univ. of Wa Huskies...here's a link I found after I asked the question...

members.tripod.com/~johnnyrodgers/centralsqindian.html

I remembered hearing about him when I lived in Anchorage...he was a real inspiration and sometime tutor to Jim Zorn & David Krieg of the Seahawks among others...

Originally posted by wkelch

How about NFL only, if you answer a question correctly you get to ask the next one. Correct answer must be verified by a legitimate web-link or say-so from the person asking the question in the first place. Answer a question wrong and you have to web-cam yourself singing ‘Hail to the Redskins’ in your pajamas. No? ok...

:logo:

Portsmouth Spartans = Mariucci and company

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/det/lions.html

who placed second in the 1956 Saskatchewan curling championship?

kidding

Cool. Sounds good to me.

Archived