Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

lakers vs spurs

skns4life

I know what the NBA rules allow, but there is no way any human can catch a ball, turn, and shoot in .4 seconds. Obviously there is some human error involved with starting the clock, but there is no way that occured in less than half a second.

That has to be one of the greatest games I've ever seen. It was just unbelievable what transpired in the last few minutes of the game. After Duncan made that shot, I thought that the Spurs had it locked up. Fisher's shot was equally incredible, if not better. The Spurs are going to have a real hard time trying to win the next one in LA.

You can believe whatever you want Gamebreaker. Whoever won between the Spurs and Lakers will win the Championship. We have the best talent and the most heart. We have to beat the World Champs to be the World Champs we have one more to go. After the Lakers win it will be time for the Skins to go to Jayville.

Originally posted by RySkins

there is no way any human can catch a ball, turn, and shoot in .4 seconds.

After the game, I saw a slo-mo replay of the last play on ESPN and it clearly showed that as soon as Fisher's hands touched the ball, the clock started ticking away. Fisher's shot was totally legit.

But don't try to tell Poppovich that, who griped to the league after the game, arguing that his team had been jobbed. What a baby. But I guess I can't really blame him. If I were in his shoes, I'd probably be trying to come up with excuses too.

Pretty sad that the Spurs filed a protest to the league about the clock not starting on time in the last .4 seconds. Especially when you consider that there should have been .8 seconds left after Duncan's shot anyway. Anyway, unbelievable game.

Does anybody equate the Lakers with the Cowboys? I hate the Lakers almost as much as the boys. Who would think with .4 seconds on the clock that they would win? It reminds me of that Monday night game where the Skins were winning by 21 against the Boys and Roger Dodger brought the Boys back to win. Depression!

Originally posted by TLusby

Does anybody equate the Lakers with the Cowboys?

If by that you mean, "Do many people view the Lakers as a 'glamour' team?" yes, that's probably the case. The funny thing is that the Celtics have won more titles than the Lakers (which is usually the primary criterion necessary for certain fans who view themselves as salt-of-the-earth types to hate particular teams), but the Celtics are nowhere near as reviled as the Lakers are. Maybe that's because the Celtics are still largely seen as a "blue-collar" team, even though the money paid to the millionaire athletes on the Celtics' roster spends just as well as the cash in the pockets of the Lakers' players.

Is it me or should Doc Rivers just stay in the booth. He is the best NBA analyst there is. I can't wait to here him an Al everynight for the Finals, The Lakers vs Pacers 7 game series :)

I am only rooting for the lakers this year because of Karl Malone. I would be happy to see Indy win it as well.

Just hope no one is sleeping on the Pacers, they dominated the west this year.

It was an amazing game, probably the best finish I've ever seen.

Could someone answer me this though? I know there were 3 timeouts called before the last shot, but after Duncan scored, why didn't the Lakers have to inbound it from that end of the court? Was it the timeouts that allowed them to inbound down by their basket? Pardon my basketball ignorance.....

Originally posted by betty32

It was an amazing game, probably the best finish I've ever seen.

Could someone answer me this though? I know there were 3 timeouts called before the last shot, but after Duncan scored, why didn't the Lakers have to inbound it from that end of the court. Was it the timeouts that allowed them to inbound down by their basket? Pardon my basketball ignorance.....

Yes. In the NBA and only the NBA, teams can advance the ball to half court after a time out. The "Professionals" get half court treatment, but the rule for "EVERYONE" else is to in bound under the opponents basket. Oh well. Rule is a rule!

Archived