Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Must see: Michael Moore's Voice Box Choir

AJWatson3

Is the joke supposed to be that cigarette companies put out knowingly harmful products and look, these people were harmed, or is the joke that cigarette companies put out knowingly harmful products, and look these people smoked them, knowing they were harmful?

Moore, of course, sees the point as "Look what these cigarettes did to these people." I see the point as, "Look at what these people did to themselves."

Originally posted by Art

Moore, sees the point as "Look what these cigarettes did to these people." I see the point as, "Look at what these people did to themselves."

I totally agree with you. But we are a victim-friendly society.

Originally posted by Art

Is the joke supposed to be that cigarette companies put out knowingly harmful products and look, these people were harmed, or is the joke that cigarette companies put out knowingly harmful products, and look these people smoked them, knowing they were harmful?

Moore, of course, sees the point as "Look what these cigarettes did to these people." I see the point as, "Look at what these people did to themselves."

I agree. Why do people ALWAYS have to find somebody to blame. I'm not saying that the cigarette companies are guiltless, but it's not like they put a gun to people's heads to get them to smoke. For me it's like, DUHH, you put a foreign substance into your body, smoke from dried up plant leaves, and SURPRISE it hurt you! :rolleyes: Hell, there is one thread on this board where most of the replys indicate several here want to legalize weed. So now we aren't gonna just have legal cigarette smoke to ruin our health, but we want to legalize smoke that's gonna make us apathetic and lazy too! In a hundred years these people's descendants will be whining "BUT NOBODY TOLD US IT WAS BAD FOR US! It's the weed companies FAULT! :laugh:

im sure he mainly did it to call for more warnings on cigarette packs and boxes. As it is, ciggarette companies still are hesitant to admit that smoking is related to lung cancer and other problems. If you go to Europe, they have blatant warnings all over cigarette packs from 'smoking kills' to 'smoking may be harmful to a pregnant woman.' The people who smoke have to accept the blame, but otherwise, it was just a funny thing to watch to see the reaction.

Archived