Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Goodbye Sweet Taylor Avatar...

ehh, its just an avatar, sure i get excited too everytime i see mine change. besides, the benchwarmer is only there til around 450 i believe. The avatars do get better after benchwarmer, I liked Hall, I like Rock more, and soon enough ill get a new one.

Originally posted by Vegas Baby

The Taylor avatar is sweet...

I'll have to agree. If I could choose between all the avatars on this site it would be that Lavar one crushing Aikmen and then the Portis in a close second. I just like that look of him crossing the goal line. Looks cool.

Originally posted by pennyizer

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to pick our own avatars. Give people the option for different levels. You can still call people rookies, camp fodder etc. but let them choose their own players. Has this ever been discussed?

Careful... this isn't a democracy here. The Avatar Secret Police are going to arrest you and put you in a GrapeApe's basement for 100 posts. :stick:

Originally posted by pennyizer

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to pick our own avatars. Give people the option for different levels. You can still call people rookies, camp fodder etc. but let them choose their own players. Has this ever been discussed?

This has been discussed ad nauseum between me and Die Hard.

The reason we dont do this at the moment is purely based on the limitations within the software. Coding something like this would be a huge undertaking for me, and I have many more important things to get done for the site.

We will be upgrading the software over the next few months, and our intentions is to do exactly this. We already have contracted with a programmer to implement something like this on the latest VB software so that it will be ready when we make our upgrades. Assuming he is successful in writing the code, we will include it in the new release.

Until then, I would appreciate it if everyone would try to keep the avatar-****ing to a minimum, ok?

Archived