Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 2005 Screenshots

RAC

Originally posted by Skinsfan75

I will definately buy it. You can always count on the Madden series. They just keep getting better.

I am waiting for ESPN's, I have heard from friends that they might surpass them this year. My buddy is getting ready to go to Cali to for the big E show :cheers:

I thought the ESPN game surpassed Madden last year. I had been playing Madden since 93 and a friend of mine had been playing the ESPN/2k games for the last three years. And last year I just felt that the ESPN game was better. No more Madden for me.

Originally posted by codeorama

Any word on new features?

The owner mode was awsome in last year's version.

i just hope they change the game playing graphics, it has been at least 2 years and they dam celebration is the same guys all the time :laugh:

Originally posted by jbooma

i just hope they change the game playing graphics, it has been at least 2 years and they dam celebration is the same guys all the time :laugh:

LOL... They need a "create your own" celibration feature....

I'd have Clinton Portis take a dump on the big star in the middle of Dallas' field after scoring a TD...

Madden 2005 looks a lot like ESPN Football 2K4. I'll wait to see what espn has to offer b/c it was marginally better than Madden. Better graphics and animations. If only they would do something about the control....seems like it suffers from a lack of momentum sometimes.

If any of you haven't tried ESPN Football, I encourage you to just pick it up at store. It's less than $25.

Seriously, if everyone is a Madden homer, then EA will have no reason to improve Madden. They'll just do little "fixes" which just mess up another aspect of the game. Anyone remember suction blocking...now offensive tackles don't want to engage their guys sometimes. They'll just watch as the DE runs around them.

gzcturbo

a.k.a. ShangoTate for those of you in the know.

I'm definately not a Madden Homer, I'll try each of the games as they come out and I keep and play the one I like best. IMO, Madden has been the best each year based on the features that I find most fun and important.

I play games online, but not football, I like playing the dynasty modes for football games and Madden's owner mode was better than anything any of the other games had to offer, IMO.

Originally posted by spjunkies

It looks like they got our stadium right this time :D

Actually, looks like they messed it up again. JumboTron, or whatever you want to call it, is on the club level again :doh:

Otherwise, looks like the same game again...

but I'm sure I'll end up buying it. :)

Looks like they really improved the graphics engine. Looks pretty nice.

I have both Madden 2004 and ESPN football, and I have to say that I like Madden a lot better. The gameplay and the fluidity of the players is a lot better in Madden. Sure, it might be a tad un-realistic, but ESPN has some of these flaws too.

I can't wait for 2005, from the looks of it, it's gonna be tight.

Originally posted by TODD

Actually, looks like they messed it up again. JumboTron, or whatever you want to call it, is on the club level again :doh:

Otherwise, looks like the same game again...

When did we get a jumbtron?? Last I checked it was the same size as my friends 55 inch HD TV :laugh:

Any word on new features?

The owner mode was awsome in last year's version.

I have to admit that I am not that up to date on Madden. I have never played a full season or season mode like most of you.

Please tell me what owner mode is/does?

Do you really play with a salary cap in season mode?

Originally posted by SkinsFan56

I have to admit that I am not that up to date on Madden. I have never played a full season or season mode like most of you.

Please tell me what owner mode is/does?

Do you really play with a salary cap in season mode?

The owner mode was the best part of the game.

You set your ticket prices for each section of the stadium, your food and merchandise (food is different in each stadium, philly has cheesesteakes, Chicago has chicago style pizza etc...), you set your parking prices, etc... very detailed.

You have the salary cap to deal with...

The coolest feature was hiring and firing coaches....

The game has tons of real coaches. You can hire and fire the head coach, Offensive coordinator, Def Coor, and ST coach. The coaches have ratings assigned to them, your team will improve in the areas that they are highly rated in.

There's a ton more that you can do also, like adding on to your stadium or building a new one or relocating to another city. But you can't just up and move, it has to be voted on by the citizens... way cool.

The owner mode was the best part of the game.

You set your ticket prices for each section of the stadium, your food and merchandise (food is different in each stadium, philly has cheesesteakes, Chicago has chicago style pizza etc...), you set your parking prices, etc... very detailed.

You have the salary cap to deal with...

The coolest feature was hiring and firing coaches....

The game has tons of real coaches. You can hire and fire the head coach, Offensive coordinator, Def Coor, and ST coach. The coaches have ratings assigned to them, your team will improve in the areas that they are highly rated in.

There's a ton more that you can do also, like adding on to your stadium or building a new one or relocating to another city. But you can't just up and move, it has to be voted on by the citizens... way cool.

That sounds incredible!!

As an owner do you still play the games or are they done in a simulated mode?

I will definitely buy 2005

Originally posted by SkinsFan56

That sounds incredible!!

As an owner do you still play the games or are they done in a simulated mode?

I will definitely buy 2005

You play the games just as you normally would, or you can simulate them. It's up to you.

You also go through Mini Camps and you have the draft and scouting.

I forgot, scouting in madden 04 was much more detailed than in the past too.

You can scout prospects before hand over a peroid of 4 weeks and the more you scout them, the more positive or negative info becomes available.

Archived