Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greatest and/or Most Influential Assistant coach ever for the Skins

diego1115

Without a doubt, Petitbone. He meant every bit as much to the defense as Gibbs did to the offense. He was a master at halftime adjustments and adjusted his schemes to the personnel at hand.

He was a crusty old coot which didnt translate into the head coaching year he had, but he was the best DC the Skins ever had.

Originally posted by lookoutforlavar

does anyone know what petitbone is doing nowadays? why didn't we go after him also. williams is good but come on.

I remember hearing that he's got some real health issues. Real bad diabetes, I think. Hope someone else can verify that.

Originally posted by lookoutforlavar

does anyone know what petitbone is doing nowadays? why didn't we go after him also. williams is good but come on.

There was an interview with him after Gibbs was hired and he said he was retired and staying that way. He didn't like the way things ended in Washington. Sounded bitter but he should be. He was left with a team that had been gutted and was never given a chance to rebuild anything.

LeCharls McDaniel had a huge impact as Special Teams coach. Unfortunately, it was completely negative. Gibbs says you need to win 2 of the 3 parts of the game (offense, defense, and special teams). Well, McDaniel made sure we lost special teams every week. It seemed as if the schemes were bad, the tackling was bad, and the kicking was bad every damn game.

It is a testament to McDaniel's ineptitude that I even remember his name. I mean, why would you ever even know the special teams coach's name unless he was either amazing or horrendous?

LeCharls McDaniel had a huge impact as Special Teams coach. Unfortunately, it was completely negative. Gibbs says you need to win 2 of the 3 parts of the game (offense, defense, and special teams). Well, McDaniel made sure we lost special teams every week. It seemed as if the schemes were bad, the tackling was bad, and the kicking was bad every damn game.

It is a testament to McDaniel's ineptitude that I even remember his name. I mean, why would you ever even know the special teams coach's name unless he was either amazing or horrendous?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by RonJeremy

BUGEL...NO DOUBT.

If it wasn't for him kicking the linemen's a$$ everyday where would the Skins teams of the 80's early 90's have been?

I love the man...everytime I hear him speak...I want to run over somebody. :notworthy

My thoughts exactly. The day Gibbs signed Bugel was on news 4 w/ George Michael and he had me so dang pumped. I wanted to go outside and break stuff after watching him :cool:

Archived