Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

owens to eagles

bsmsss

If this happens T-O will be a marked man by a lot of players...and if I am not mistaken Philly does play Baltimore this year...if T-O is smart he'll sit out because I wouldn't be surprised if he got nailed a couple of times by the Ravens "D"...the thought of Ray Lewis tackling him in the open field...how sweet.

:pint:

Ravens | Could Receive Pick To Resolve Owens' Situation - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:59:39 -0800

Jay Glazer, of SportsLine.com, reports multiple sources within the Baltimore Ravens WR Terrell Owens' arbitration hearing have said all parties involved have been discussing different settlements to resolve the current situation. One scenario could include the San Francisco 49ers returning the Ravens' second-round pick while receiving another pick – likely a third-rounder from whichever team signs Owens. In addition, the Ravens would receive a compensatory pick for the whole dilemma.

if T.O. wins they might as well just let the players start running the league. though as far as the eagles go the one thing they have had for some time is unity and team play, and T.O. will ruin that . i never wish for a player to get hurt but he is as close as i have ever come.

what utter BS.

to all the weenies kissing the butt of Terrell Owens and the other @ssmunchers.

:moon: :moon:

So who will be the next player to see Owens go "wa" and get his way in spite of the rules?

(after Lavar does it with his contract that is). You just know the nfl will bend over and spread 'em for that one... after all, it's the postens.

Originally posted by JJredskins00

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports negotiations have been re-opened that would send Baltimore Ravens WR Terrell Owens to the Philadelphia Eagles. [/b]

So when Donovan McNabb was 6 and a half hours back there to throw the ball on the Redskins because they have no pass rusher unless they commit to a blitz (and leave TE's and/or RBs like Brian Westbrook open), who is going to cover Terrell Owens? And please tell me you have a better answer than Shawn Springs, a nickel corner from a year ago who was labeled "washed up at the beginning of LAST year (and played worse than that during the season).

P.S. Don't tell me Fred Smoot either.....I've seen him T.O. before, it was disgraceful.

Originally posted by ccableguy

if T.O. wins they might as well just let the players start running the league. though as far as the eagles go the one thing they have had for some time is unity and team play, and T.O. will ruin that . i never wish for a player to get hurt but he is as close as i have ever come.

the redskins did last year with Chad Morton, and the Redskins fan/arbitrator that ruled in the team's favor so that they could overspend on a kick returner.

Originally posted by TheDevil'sAdvocate

the redskins did last year with Chad Morton, and the Redskins fan/arbitrator that ruled in the team's favor so that they could overspend on a kick returner.

If you make a comparsion make a vaild one.

Morton's case was decided by a arbitrator.

Owen's case sounds like the decsion will never be handed down.

The NFL will give this crumb to the union and to take TO's crying off the air waves.:jetssuck: :eaglesuck

Originally posted by TheDevil'sAdvocate

i dont see the comparison, first the jets could have objected to the arbitrator but they choose not to, i don't recall morton whinning and moaning like a little school girl( my aploigies to little school girls). plus what about the other reciever ??? that also missed the new date, i haven't heard anything about him crying.

First of all, the arbitrator in the Morton case made the right decision. Who give a flip if he was a Redskin fan or not. The Jets were supposed to match the FULL TERMS of the contract, and they didn't. How could the arbitor have ruled any other way?

Now, about the Ravens getting a comp pick and screwing over the rest of the league. What utter BS. Now everyone is going to suffer because of two teams screwing up. If anyone owes the Ravens a pick it would be the Eagles or Niners. To straight give them an extra one is bogus BS.

I think, while the NFL is in such a generous mood, we should petition them to allow us to pay Lavar his $6 million bonus, but not have it count against our cap. How do you think that would sit with the other 31 teams?

bsmsss, not to nitpick, cause it isn't a big deal, but next time you break a story like this on the board, could you please make the thread look more official? I know it's frivolous, but it's just that you start alot of posts, some discussion and some actual news. I think a speak for quite a few people when I say that if the actual news threads looked like news threads, it would make life easier. I know, I know, it's a little OCD, but sometimes I'm reluctant to read the post if it just looks like another offseason rumor/discussion thread.

Sorry if I sounded too insane.

Originally posted by KevinMac

I think, while the NFL is in such a generous mood, we should petition them to allow us to pay Lavar his $6 million bonus, but not have it count against our cap. How do you think that would sit with the other 31 teams?

Considering it looks like the NFL Management Council made the bigger screw up (if the arbitrator would rule in Owen's favor) the rest of the league will have to suffer a bit.

The NFLMC made the decision to not grant him FA. Maybe they should have looked into the terms of the original contract first. That seems to be the crux of the argument.

while the league is being bullied maybe the skins should ask for a higher cap then other teams i mean the league doesn't seem to keep things on an even field for player so, why not let teams slide too. i mean the skins make a heck of alot more money then all the other teams( in fact morethen any other team in the U.S. other then the yankees) so why not get to spend it.

Initial speculation is the Eagles giving up a 3rd round pick and a player. To SF? Compensation for Baltimore still being worked out, possibly coming from SF. No additional picks yet mentioned on ESPNews. Sal Pal will be on at 10:30, for anyone interested.

Considering a division rival may get a huge upgrade tonight, you might want to follow this situation a bit more closely. This was a probable outcome, unless you trust everything Clayton and the other NFL "experts" (read: league mouthpieces) have to say.

Given your own experiences with Lenny the Hut, why should you believe everything the other guys feed you?

I still think it may come back to bite the Eagles, but it's obvious their strategy revolved around Kearse-Owens. Sign the two biggest UFA's on the market - one on offense, one on defense. "D@mn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. Let's overpay! We have the cash on hand."

Originally posted by carlsbadd

Lets just settle down and await the real news and not some rumors. Kffl is not the be all to end all.

Everyone can discuss settlements all night ,that doesn't mean a decision has been made.

Agreed, but it certainly looks like it went pretty bad for the league in front of the arbitrator today. Otherwise, there is no reason for all this activity. If you're the NFL and confident, just wait for his decision and ship Owens to Baltimore.

Archived