bsmsss

cowboys-wiley-glover-ellis

eagles-kearse-simon-walker-kalu/whiiting

giants-washington-joesph-robbins-straham

skins-wynn-griffith-haley-daniels/upshaw

i am beginning to think our d line will once again be the worst in the nfc east

thought???

Originally posted by Sir Luscious

How would adding Udeze or Wilfolk effect the rankings?

either one adds a degree of skill and athleticism that we dont have on the line right now.

Udeze is 10 years younger than Wynn, stronger, quicker and could most likely beat out Wynn in training camp.

Wilfolk would easily beat out Haley for the starting RDT spot. He has massive power (being a former shot-putter) and at 6'1" and 300+ pounds can clog up the middle.

Either one would take us out of the cellar of this ranking.

Yea, but at the same time we have arguable the best o-line and running game in the NFC east. Jeez, we should just sign Gardner( Yea, he'll have way more of an impact then Wilfork). That's due in part to his experience and the fact that he continuously took double teams and was a lead by example kinda guy while he was here. Draft Sean Taylor, heck, bring in Lynch to play SS. Football goes a lot farther then X's and O's, or atleast further then whoever's d-line is better.

-------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

IF your goal is to have the best d-line, you trade down to 10, take Udeze, and with your second rounder from Houston, you target Chad Lavalais.

Udeze/Griffin/Lavalais/Daniels, with Wynn as a swing d-lineman. Solid. Some pass rush, and stout against the run.

IF you want to go that way.

Originally posted by Zen-like Todd

IF your goal is to have the best d-line, you trade down to 10, take Udeze, and with your second rounder from Houston, you target Chad Lavalais.

Udeze/Griffin/Lavalais/Daniels, with Wynn as a swing d-lineman. Solid. Some pass rush, and stout against the run.

IF you want to go that way.

Houston doesn't have a 2nd rounder....

I want to win. If that means we're goin to have the worst d-line in football, so be it. Of all the factors goin into who's the team with the best chance of winning the East, d-line is not that important. In other words, who cares?!

------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

Originally posted by Sir Luscious

Houston doesn't have a 2nd rounder....

For the 8 millionth goddamned time, they do have a 2nd rounder. Why do people continue to spout incorrect facts, even when this has been pointed out NUMEROUS times on the board.

Attention World:

The HOUSTON TEXANS HAVE A 2nd ROUND DRAFT PICK!

Originally posted by Zen-like Todd

For the 8 millionth goddamned time, they do have a 2nd rounder. Why do people continue to spout incorrect facts, even when this has been pointed out NUMEROUS times on the board.

Attention World:

The HOUSTON TEXANS HAVE A 2nd ROUND DRAFT PICK!

dont you know that if you say something enough times on the net, then its true?

Like Sapp signed with the Cowboys today :laugh:

yeah we're still the worst DL in the division - but last year we were lightyears behind - this year their a bit more competitive with the addition of griffin as a starter and daniels as a potential starter or early guy in off the bench. its much more respectable now than last year.

linebackers are about the same or so - possibly a bit of a depth upgrade if we end up signing brandon short or someone like that.

DB's about even or so, possibly a slight downgrade. springs is still pretty damn good, and bowen and iffy were so inexperienced that you'll have to believe they'll play a bit better this year. adding taylor would certainly help this out

also throw in greg williams vs. george edwards a D-coordinator. all of these arguments would lead us to believe our D is at least the same if not slightly better than last year.

with brunell, portis, rasby and raymer you have to say our offense is significantly upgraded. i'd also give gibbs' protection scheme some credit here.

special teams too is a modest upgrade, as the kicker is the same (hall is pretty good, not great but def. better than avg) and the punter went from terrible to average or so.

thus we are upgraded at least slightly in all three phases so far. not bad. not to mention we still have a little room left to shop with and a guy to pick at #5 overall. not bad at all...

seems to me the only reason the skins passed on Wiley, Brackens, et al in free agency is that they have targeted other players on the DL.

I say that because the team still has wiggle room with the release of Larry Moore and others to make one additional veteran move and still recoup value for the #5 pick.

I said in another post, that the skins probably don't need the greatest line to cause pressure. The skins will be using all kinds of formations and blitz packages.......thats what Williams is known for. Now if we were just going to be sending 4 on ever down like last year......then i would be a little more concerned.

Originally posted by Oldskool

How so?

Care to explain instead of just saying its true cos I say so?

First off, thanks for being a smartass, it's appreciated.

Everyone says things on this board because it's their opinion, what does my reasoning matter? But just for you, I'll explain. Let's compare with each team:

Cowpukes: Wiley, Glover, Sapp(rumored), Ellis

Skins (w/Udeze):

-Udeze/Daniels/Wynn/Upshaw vs. Ellis/Wiley Advantage: Cowpokes

-Griffin/Noble/Wynn/Haley vs. Glover/Sapp/Blades Advantage: Cowpukes

Skins (w/Wilfork)

-Wynn/Upshaw vs. Wiley/Ellis advantage: Cowpokes

-Wilfork/Griffin vs. Glover/Sapp Advantage: Cowpukes

Iggles: Kearse, Simon, Walker, Kalu/Whiting

Skins (w/Udeze)

-Udeze/Daniels/Wynn/Upshaw vs. Kearse/Kalu/Whiting Advantage: Iggles

-Griffin/Noble/Haley/Wynn vs. Simon/Walker Advantage: Iggles

Skins (w/Wilfork)

-Daniels/Wynn/Upshaw vs. Kearse/Kalu/Whiting Advantage: Iggles

-Wilfork/Griffin vs. Simon/Walker Advantage: PUSH

Gints: Washington, Joseph, Robbins, Strahan

Skins (w/Udeze)

-Udeze/Daniels/Wynn/Upshaw vs. Strahan/Washington Advantage: Gints

-Haley/Noble/Griffin/Wynn vs. Joseph/Robbins Advantage: Gints

Skins (w/Wilfork)

-Daniels/Wynn/Upshaw vs. Strahan/Washington Advantage: Gints

-Wilfork/Griffin vs. Joseph/Robbins Advantage: Skins

They are too young to make an impact on how good our DLine is this season, in the future they would no doubt effect us when it comes to division ranking, but now I just don't see it.

Archived