Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not that Peter King knows anything

Zen-like Todd

but on CNN/SI, he stated we'll probably keep Kent Graham as a backup, Get a moderately priced veteran (he mentioned Jim Miller), but that the Skins want to pick a QB high in the draft, and that not being high enough to pick David Carr, we'd wind up with Kittner or Harrington. Just figured I'd relay that. You can watch it for yourself here . Click on NFL E-Blitz halfway down the middle column of the page.

It's probably not such a bad plan. One to consider, at least.

Did anyone see the way Trent Dilfer played today? He's won something like 12 or 13 straight starts, now. Somebody want to tell me he's not an upgrade from what we're getting now?

Unless they can somehow get Brunell or Bledsoe, Dilfer is the best guy out there, by far, in my opinion.

to me Dilfer was the perfect quarterback for Marty. He showed that he could follow a mostly conservative game plan and not make mistakes, that he could be a positive influence in the locker room with teammates, and that on occasion he could help you win games with his arm, something he did for the Ravens last year in a 21 point comeback win in Tennessee and in another win against the Bengals at the end of the season.

Most people forget those comebacks. They think Dilfer simply handed the ball off to Jamal Lewis and that is not true.

Dilfer the past couple of years has worked to make the players around him better in the games he has started. Banks has not and that is a clear difference between the two.

I wasn't a huge Dilfer believer, and really, I'm still not, given the fact he can't beat out a very average QB in Hasselback. But, I think it's clear he's a solid option for what we do here and we probably should have gone after him a bit more diligently. Of the QBs out there, none really scream "Marty" quite like Dilfer smile.gif.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

I think we have a decent chance at drafting David Carr. Most of the teams in front of us in the draft have the Franchise QB they want. I think it depends on who the Texans pick. I think they will pick Peppers with their first pick. It also depends on who comes out earley.

I agree with Dave that Dilfer never had a fair chance to compete in Seattle. He was brought in late and Hasselbeck had already cost the organization a #1 pick and all that dough.

You could tell this was the case when Dilfer came in when Matt was hurt and went 2-0 as a starter, after the team was 1-3 to open the season, and yet Holmgren benched Dilfer the next week regardless of those performances.

That showed that wins/losses were not necessarily the measuring stick for Mike this season and there were other factors at work.

Archived