Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things getting ugly with Lavar? (MERGED)

SmootDawg21

From the Sportsline website. I do not like the sound of this. I know it has been discussed, but here is a snippet about Lavar's reaction.

Ugly scene in Washington

"Ugly scene in Washington?

Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington is furious with Washington for what he claims was a breach of the contract the two sides agreed to late last season. Arrington, in a phone conversation with SportsLine.com on Tuesday, claims the team duped him out of over $6 million in additional bonus money and wants to file a grievance against the team to recoup the money.

The Redskins claim everything they have done is kosher. Arrington says that what he was told he was supposed to be paid and what was in the contract he says he signed is not in the contract that was turned into the league. The Redskins say that Arrington's agent initialed every page of the deal.

The NFL and NFLPA talked about the situation Thursday. Stay tuned because the entire affair could turn even uglier, especially from Arrington's point of view. "

hope this is not already posted:

Ugly scene in Washington?

Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington is furious with Washington for what he claims was a breach of the contract the two sides agreed to late last season. Arrington, in a phone conversation with SportsLine.com on Tuesday, claims the team duped him out of over $6 million in additional bonus money and wants to file a grievance against the team to recoup the money.

The Redskins claim everything they have done is kosher. Arrington says that what he was told he was supposed to be paid and what was in the contract he says he signed is not in the contract that was turned into the league. The Redskins say that Arrington's agent initialed every page of the deal.

The NFL and NFLPA talked about the situation Thursday. Stay tuned because the entire affair could turn even uglier, especially from Arrington's point of view.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7124019

Ugly scene in Washington?

The NFL and NFLPA talked about the situation Thursday. Stay tuned because the entire affair could turn even uglier, especially from Arrington's point of view.

Easy fix..... bring him in, sit him down, and tell him to STFU!!! Then, tell him if he has questions with the contract to direct them towards his agent, the one who initialed each individual page of the contract. Viola! Problem solved.

Oh.. I almost forgot, tell him to get in the film room with Greg Williams and learn his role and that of his teamates. That's what "defensive leaders" do you know.

Regardless of the responsibility that the Potson's have over the matter, I think that somehow L.A. is going look at the Redskins organization as being the bad guys in the whole situation. If he firmly believes that the contract he signed didn't get turned into the league, then regardless of the mistake possibly made by the Potson's, it gives the impression that the team had an evil plot in mind. That's just my personal opinion and I hope I'm totally wrong here. It would be an unfortunate situation considering Lavar is our team leader.

Regardless, this isn't what we want right now out of our defensive leader. Lately, it seems as though everything Lavar related doesn't have to do with football, and his excitement to get back on the field. Other than David Terrell, :rolleyes: Lavar has been the one constant on our defense since 2000. With Champ as good as gone, this is Arrington's team without a doubt. From a team standpoint, it just doesn't send a good message to the rest of the players when he is grumbling about contract money. Especially after receiving a fairly large deal in the first place. With that being said however, I realize that money talks and that business is business from a players standpoint.

I guess you can't fault Lavar in a way and you can in another. I just hope that this whole situation doesn't get blown out of proportion.

Seems like a lot of agents have been screwing up lately. You know, this whole thing can be solved by the NFL faxing it's copy to Arrington directly. If his agents initials and his signature is on the pages, then tough luck.

Anyone think the agent pull a fast one over Lavar. Or did he simply fail to read the contract? Either way, the agent is at fault if the Skins have legitimately signed contracts.

Archived