Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things getting ugly with Lavar? (MERGED)

SmootDawg21

Boo hoo hoo!!!! Waaaaaaaaah!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm LaVar Arrington and I have enough money to last me for a lifetime, but I've got to have that $6.5 million. I NEED IT! I can't be happy without it!

Give me a break, LaVar. Your agent initialed every page of the contract. Obviously the error here lies with them. If you don't believe that, then do your best to work this out with the Redskins in a professional and quiet manner. DON'T GO CRYING TO THE F---IN MEDIA!!!

Sheesh, sometimes I wish we cut some these b*tchy players we have. First we have Ramsey's pathetic agent whining left and right about how Ramsey is being shafted, and now the obscenely rich LaVar Arrington is crying like a baby to the media about a measely (to him) $6.5 million. Grow up!

Here's a legal perspective:

1) Both parties know in their minds what they agreed to (it might not be the same);

2) It's easy enough to look at the contract signed to see if the signatures are authentic;

3) Never sign a contract, change it, sign a new one and not destroy the old one (don't know if ths happened);

4) The Redskins and Dan Snyder have done stupid things before, but it strains all possible credulity that they would bait and switch contracts to beat LaVar out of $$$ - that's not something you can get away with so they would be total imbeciles to try it - and they aren't;

5) Therefore my conclusion is that the following occured:

a) There probably was a misunderstanding about what the actual deal was supposed to be.

B) Arrington and Poston didn't carefully read the contract they signed.

6) What does that mean:

a) Legally, unless Poston can prove fraud on the part of the Redskins, LaVar is bound by the contract signed;

B) If LaVar is convinced the Skins operated in bad faith and scr*wed him, in reality the Skins are going to have to renegotiate the contract because you can't have your premier player feeling that way.

So, people you have to distinguish in your minds the BIG difference between who is in the legal right and what will happen regardless of that position.

LaVar's agent, Carl Poston is also an attorney and he and his brother, Kevin, have a pretty tough reputation in the NFL, NBA, and MLB. None of us know what happens but something did and LaVar felt strongly enough to take it to the NFLPA which would then take over any investigation into the matter. There's no way LaVar would leave, unless he was cut or traded, IMHO, but we'll probably lose him in 3 years anyways when his cap hit is too big!

So I guess LaVar and Danny won't be having any friendly dinners anytime soon...

Anyone but me wonder what is going on there? First Ramsey, then CHamp, now LaVar?? How many players can Snyder piss off by mini-camp?

I will do a jig if this leads to an outcome where the Redskins can get out of the contract that was signed.

LaVar is hardly worth the type of money that deal is for.

He is not a great LB. He is a LB with great talent.

My guess is that had Joe Gibbs been around at the time of that deal the deal would never have happened.

Please let this be an out on the contract.

KIRKNC What sre you smoking? LaVar is the face of the Redskins. With proper coaching he will be a great linebacker. What do you expect of him with the Spurrier led Dimwits? Have you ever thought that because he knew the coaching and defensive playcalling sucked was a reason why he was out of position? He was trying to do it all. Please if we get rid of Arrington it will be a very sad day! Also all Snyder has to do is put the 6.5 million in a bank account in the Caymans!! Issue resolved!

The key is to finally get these "kids" back in pads and in front of Coach Gibbs. All this time on their hands has created quite the circus atmosphere. At least in the media. I think Gibbs plan to hold mini camp earlier than usual is a VERY smart plan!

Originally posted by KirkNC

He is not a great LB. He is a LB with great talent.

I agree based on his past performance. I can think of two bad plays for every exceptional one he's made. My question: Is this because of poor coaching or perhaps is he not very coachable?

I think his best season was under Marvin Lewis, but didn't he ***** about his role that year?

How is any team but the Redskins called "America's Team".

:wave:

Where do you see so much sensationalistic journalism that lacks direct quotes from the players against management. If you're not the Skins, you're not in the news.... I mean where are the comments from Ramsey, Bailey (there was the class organization comment, I guess) or Arrington. How about any comment from anyone at the league level on our "TAMPERING". It's always more quoteless slander. I wonder how all this sits with Coach Gibbs?

Hey Media...................:bsflag:

dude people who say "Lavar STFU" is completely fooling themselves...

if you were in his shoes and even after you got that 20 mil signing bonus you will be saying where is my 6.5 mil and be complaining about it too...

anyways unless Redskins tried to fake the document which is kind of unreasonable that they would think Lavar wouldnt notice the 6.5 mil he aint recieving, Lavar should take this legal issue with the agent.... I have a feeling that Lavar himself did not read the contract and prolly his impression of the contract came from what Poston told him. Isnt it his agent's fault for providing Lavar with a false information?

Originally posted by Cskin

Easy fix..... bring him in, sit him down, and tell him to STFU!!! Then, tell him if he has questions with the contract to direct them towards his agent, the one who initialed each individual page of the contract. Viola! Problem solved.

Oh.. I almost forgot, tell him to get in the film room with Greg Williams and learn his role and that of his teamates. That's what "defensive leaders" do you know.

AMEN BROTHER...Couldn't agree more.

We know the Skins say that Lavar's agent initialed every page. But who knows if there's more to that. I mean, what if the contract incorporates a payment schedule negotiated in the final hour that wasn't one of the initialed documents. Or what if Poston initialed something, but on his cover letter added that the contract is subject to a subsequent understanding X - in what would be a technically non-binding way modify the contract.

Since we're speculating, all I'm saying is that it may not be so simple as Poston initialed every page. But in the end, Lavar's belief is just as important as the legal result. Because if he feels that he was bent over to the tune of $6.5M, he won't show up for camp, will cause a major distraction and will have the support of all the players on the team. It'd be messy.

"But in the end, Lavar's belief is just as important as the legal result. Because if he feels that he was bent over to the tune of $6.5M, he won't show up for camp, will cause a major distraction and will have the support of all the players on the team. It'd be messy."

I agree. LaVar could really become a pain in the ass to the Redskins on this regardless of the facts.

All I have seen of him this offseason is self promotion and a negitive attitude towards the team. Self promotion off the field has been his strong suit all along though, guess I should not be suprised.

Who had the better season last yeat Arrington or Jessie? And Jessie got cut to save how much cap space? LaVar is getting paid what? Please LaVar is ridiculously over paid.

I don't know what to say about this. I may have missed it, but did you see a quote from Lavar? Because I didn't.

Implying this isn't true?

This us not the first time I or anyone else has heard this- I would guess there is at least a disagreement over the contract and Arrington is at least, very, very angry (whether it is at Skins or his agents, I don't know).

If he submitted it to the league office, odds are he's angry at the Skins.

Any Redskins fan (or football fan for that matter) who thinks Arrington is over rated is kidding themselve. He is one of the premier defensive players in the league, any team would be lucky to have him. He's played most of his career under jokes of D-Coordinators and still put up good numbers. So what he isn't there on every play making a tackle, he's an impact player he makes plays that change games, sacks, Forced fumbles and tackles for losses. If you want a guy to fight off blockers, stuff the run and cover tight ends there's a whole bunch of LB's out there, you want a guy to get 10 sacks and 8 FF's ala LT and DT there's no better linebacker in the NFL just now.

Archived