Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help, Bayougator!

Larry Brown #43

BG,

I can only imagine what is going through your mind and Patrick's right now. In no way do I want to put you in an awkward position -- I recognize that if you do know anything about what might be going on behind the scenes, you are not at liberty to get into it. But I think you can tell by the vast majority of the messages around here that no matter what we're still in Patrick's corner. If you can, I'd love to hear any personal thoughts you might have about the talk that's flying around. If you can't, I respect that too. By the way, my fiancee is from Gretna, Louisiana. :cheers: She says hello.

Well all I can say is Where Pat goes so do I. If the Redskins can even entertain trade offers on someone that will be a perennial Pro Bowler when we have simpltons like Gardner on the roster than we may have to realize that Gibbs may have inhaled too many fumes from his stock cars. It was Ramsey who made me a fan again, him and Arrington. So Bayou pass on to PR that he is in my prayers and hope he is a skin for life.......

Originally posted by arringtonhitz

Well all I can say is Where Pat goes so do I. If the Redskins can even entertain trade offers on someone that will be a perennial Pro Bowler when we have simpltons like Gardner on the roster than we may have to realize that Gibbs may have inhaled too many fumes from his stock cars. It was Ramsey who made me a fan again, him and Arrington. So Bayou pass on to PR that he is in my prayers and hope he is a skin for life.......

While I would hate to lose Pat... Bandwagoners suck :moon: :shot:

Trading PR is a silly non-starter. The whole point of this is for Gibbs to have two very good qb's. If you get Brunell and trade PR, you're back to only having one again so you'd still have to go out and get another qb.

As far as guaranteeing Brunell a starting job. That isn't going to happen. If he comes here, he'll get the deal all the other Skins get: perform better than your competition on the team and you'll play.

He has the intentions, and I'm very proud of him for saying that... I just hope that this can be a reality. We're all on the Ramsey bandwagon for a reason... He's a good quarterback, and he has yet to unleash his full potential, but when he does, people are going to listen and make sure to look at least twice because they'll think their eyes are playing tricks on them.

I'm as a big of fan of Patrick Ramsey as anybody. I didn't take the selection of buying his jersey for myself and my wife lightly.

With that being said... if he has to sit on the bench for a little while and learn from Brunell for a year or 2... then I'm all for it.

Pennington sat for a few years as well. I've never really been in favor of throwing young QBs into the fire which seems to be the choice of many head coaches. I like that Marvin Lewis can have Carson Palmer sit for a few years.

If you look at Gibbs' MO... it's usually consistent with that type of coaching. And if a franchise has committed itself to a particular coach for long enough... he has that luxury of grooming players.

I think the Skins will start to reap the benefits of that type of stability now.

I don't disagree Die Hard, I think the tougher thing about this is that you would be basically demoting Ramsey at this point. It's one thing to sit a young QB behind a vet for a few years like Pennington....its another to take a young QB who has started quit a few games and has been to some degree pretty successful and sit him because his not a vet or hasn't been to a couple of championship games. Aside from that, the move make sense considering Gibb's track record with Vet's and maybe Ramsey could benefit from coming off the bench or being tutored by a well respected high caliber QB for a couple of years......I only hope in the end regardless of what happens, that this situation is of no detriment to Ramsey.

Ramsey has shown that he's a professional and genuinely good human being. If there was ANY individual that allow for this situation to work in the best interest of the team... it's Pat Ramsey.

Ramsey's character is exactly the type of football player Gibbs would want on this football team. I don't think he's going anywhere.

But even if he does... I'll support Gibbs. And I'll follow Patrick Ramsey no matter what uniform he's wearing and wish him well.

Gibbs is bringing in a new system to Washington. Ramsey's going to have to relearn everything. In this instance, it might be wiser to have a veteran QB take the snaps until Ramsey is the equivalent to a 3-4 year vet and has a full understanding of the system.

And should Brunell falter... he'll have Patrick Ramsey to come in and give the team a spark. Gibbs' has said all along he wants at least 2 capable QBs. Adding Brunell gives him that. It shouldn't matter who the starter is. Trust the coach to do what's in the best interest of the team.

Since Ramsey is under contract for another 3 years... it's the ideal situation for him to learn. Let's face it... look at some of the QBs Ramsey has had to work with?

Matthews, Weurffel, Johnson, Hamden, Hasselbeck... at this point in his career he's probably has more NFL experience and success than any of those guys already. It'd be nice is he could learn from one of the league's better QBs right?

Archived