Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trung Canidate

Commander PK

Sure. He certainly could be, but he may not be tough enough to be an every down back. I think he could be good in the Kelvin Bryant mold, but, there will be a numbers crunch at running back. Morton is safe because of kickoff returns and a larger contract. If we add a big back through trade or the draft, Canidate is the most likely guy to be out of work.

Still, I think Gibbs will spend a lot of time evaluating each of the guys we have now. Of the spots we are said to need help at, running back is certainly the one area we have guys enough already to have hope that Gibbs will find someone he likes from within so we won't have to work quite so hard in the offseason to fill another spot.

I just think that what will probably happen is that somebody who is already here, Betts, Canidate, or possibly McCullough? could be the starter next year. A lot of people talk about who they are going to potentially pick up, but they could just go with what's already here. Pick up a DE!:cheers:

I hope that Candidate is not our starter. Candidate can't break tackles. We need a tough back that can break tackles. Candidate is fast, he fit into the Ram's scheme with his speed but he is just not tough enough to break tackles. I don't like the guy because he doesn't have it in him to go up the middle.

I very well think he could be. I feel that he is obviously the most talented back on our roster right now, and he's definitly a talented guy, so he could do it. Though he doesnt have tough runs up the middle, if they leave a hole in the middle he will streak right through it, he definitly does enough up the middle to be effective and open up the outside. He has very good vision, he needs to be a little more decisive sometimes and I think he needs to run with a little more passion.

But he can catch the ball well, he's probably the fastest back in the league, and he has nice vision. I dont know if he could stay healthy the whole year but he had a nice average this past season, most people didnt really notice that.

Lets hope not. We need a back who hits the hole hard and fast, has size and can carry the load 20 - 25 carries a game. That is not Trung Candidate. He'd be an "alright" 3rd down back, but we've got more than one of those as it is.

:eaglesuck

I agree that it is certainly a possibility. Trust Coach Gibbs to make the proper decision on this. Ya never know, maybe all he needs is some proper coaching (and a proper foot in his rear) and he could do well.

I'm going to reserve my judgment and wait to see what Coach Gibbs decides.

Eventhough Trung is the best rb on our team, i beleive Gibbs is going to bring in a smashmouth feature back. I also beleive that Trung can't live up to that. He's fast, but can't break tackles that well. And since Trung is the best rb we have, who would be better? Betts has been hurt too much. I'm not saying his fragile, but since i've seen him play he just doesn't seem like an every down back.

What we need is someone like Corry Dillion. Forget the crap about him being a cancer, he played for the bungels for cryin out loud. He's a smash mouth, between the tackle kind of running back. The NFC East is about to get a hole lot tougher this year, so dancers aren't going to get us anywhere.

---------------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

Originally posted by Brueck

I hope that Candidate is not our starter. Candidate can't break tackles. We need a tough back that can break tackles. Candidate is fast, he fit into the Ram's scheme with his speed but he is just not tough enough to break tackles. I don't like the guy because he doesn't have it in him to go up the middle.

But, do you think he can break tackles?:drsuess: :lmao:

If we can get our O-line to work in sync, any of the running backs on our roster could wreak havoc.

I would love to see Betts have a year without injuries(remember Davis). I think Betts is our best overall runner and COULD make us forget Davis.

In Joe 'We trust':cool:

In all of the Gibbs teams, the main running down backs were:

Riggins

Rogers

Riggs

Byner

None of these guys had high ypc averages and were power - not really speed backs.

The other factor is that Gibbs WILL have a feature back who can pick up a blitzer and I don't know that we do have one of those on the roster now. Betts seems to be the best suited RUNNER for a Gibbs offense - but jeez how many times did he whiff on a pash rusher last year?

While we're comparing players, I would compare Morton to Brian

Mitchell (sans trash talk). I'm sure the similarity between them isn't lost on Gibbs either. That means Morton will probably be our 3rd down back and Canidate will be riding the pine or off the team.

Spurrier never used our backs in a way that they can get in a rhythmn. most backs need 20-24 carries to get into the zone. He may not have been given a proper chance. He did show flashes of brilliance. He definetly needs help on picking up the blitz and using his small frame to his advantage.:40oz:

Archived