Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody Miss RFK Stadium

dent19

Although the club level at FedEx is "off the hook"(that means really nicex1000)

The vibe is not the same as RFK. I sold Pretzels during the "golden age Of gibbs"

(its was a high school thing)(plus free games...priceless)

Your not as close to the field, and the sound goes straight out the top. And remember the tunnel....when the other teams lined up for any kinda kicks, the wind would gust +10mph.......

And after i moved outta mommas house, i moved by the stadium. I'd watched the game on tv, listen to wmal(at the time). And when there was a score, i could here the cheers through the window.

I live in Jersey now. My wife's a Giants fan. And that stadium sucks(i know most of their players, and go to the alot of games). I cant even eat the pretzels.

Just had to vent

:gaintsuck :cheers: :shot:

f9b4bf82.jpg

RFK had that "roof" part that helped sound reflect back on to the field. It worked especially well with the band. Also, the place would literally rock when there was enough noise. FedEX is well designed though, there aren't many bad seats. Even the upper ring has a pretty decent view. But, it seems much more antiseptic than good ole RFK.

y not hold a game against dallas at the old RFK then? just for all times sake. they can do that right? if not during the regular season then definetly the preseason. There's no way i'm not gonna be at that game if the do that!

---------------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

There is no comparing RFK to Fed Ex...games at RFK had a spirtitual quality.

JKS 1414 makes a good point - RFK, because of its limited seating capacity (I think it was around 56,000), was stuffed full of rabid skins fans. It was difficult for fans of opposing teams to get tickets.

Originally posted by Buster

RFK had that "roof" part that helped sound reflect back on to the field. It worked especially well with the band. Also, the place would literally rock when there was enough noise. FedEX is well designed though, there aren't many bad seats. Even the upper ring has a pretty decent view. But, it seems much more antiseptic than good ole RFK.

You know, I was just looking at the stadiums and noticed the same thing. I thing they should build an onning (pardon the spelling) onto FEDEX just to recapture that reflected noise. Because you can tell even if you are watching the game at home that it just isn't quite as loud as RFK was.

I loved RFK, but FedEx can really rock when it has reason to. The place was absolutely on fire with energy when we beat the Lions in that playoff game and Tre got booted for touching a ref. When he went into the tunnel he was pumping the crowd up to a fever pitch. It was as loud as RFK ever was.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

I loved RFK, but FedEx can really rock when it has reason to. The place was absolutely on fire with energy when we beat the Lions in that playoff game and Tre got booted for touching a ref. When he went into the tunnel he was pumping the crowd up to a fever pitch. It was as loud as RFK ever was.

Tell it like is OrangeSkin....I was at that game with ten friends, we all camped out in the club level to get tickets. We couldnt sleep at all, even in the leather couches; because they were blaring the skins highlight tapes on the big screens. I think it was when Porchet (lions DE, sp?) hit Brad Johnson....and then Brad threw him to the ground. Tre "the Predator" Johnson was like...."Not in my house BEEYATCHHHH! When he was ejected, he started pumping his fist and head and the place went nuts. Or how about the fact it was so loud Frerotte had to blow a time out on the Lions first series.....Too many memories or RFK, I agree, but let's compare the two when we get a little more memories at Fedex. Besides the skins sucked the first 15 years at DC Stadium/RFK anyways.....I don't hear a buncha of yap about those years and memories.

Archived