Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Feb 3, 1983 21 years ago where were you

Chief skin

Originally posted by Chief skin

I know where I was and I assume some of you were right there with me, there were 500,000 of us cheering in the pouring rain as the Super Bowl 17 parade was held in the streets of DC. Memories of the first Super Bowl victory, priceless.

What a party!:applause: :cheers: :40oz: :allhail:

Same here. And working at the Sea Galley restaurant off of US 1 near MT. Vernon. chef.gifcoffee.gif Which , unfortunately, was where I was at during the game too. Had a TV set up in the kitchen. If anyone here was there at the time, sorry about that flounder. :silly:

:cheers:

I was right there in the rain with you Chief Skin, wearing my Redskins pancho over my Redskins jacket, hat and boxers. I was also lucky enough to attend Super Bowl XVII. Unfortunately, most of the scoring, especially Riggo's run, took place at the opposite end of the field from where my seats were. About all I got to see up close were Fulton Walker's kickoff return for the Fins and a Mark Mosely FG.

I was in Charlottesville at UVa at the time....watched the game at a friend's house. Distinctly remember burning a buddie's stuffed dolphin in effigy after Riggo broke off the 4th and 1 TD.

We ran out of beer and ended up drinking some God-only-knows-how-old Brandy from one of those leather pouch things hanging on the wall.

Great game. Terrible hangover.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

14 months old but I was at the parade; my daddy has those pics of me in Redskins stuff in the rain. I am sure a great moment in my life

A wonderful day to savor. I took leave and stayed home to watch all the replays and to teach my young children the importance of being a Redskin fan. I wish they had message boards then. Think how obnoxious the Skin fans would have been to Cowboy sites.

Skipped school to go downtown. Got a friend to forge a note from my mom. :D

Don't really remember much about the day, really. Just remember being wet and cold, and a group of girls singing songs to the Redskins and Scott Clark (one of Michaels' deputies, at the time - whatever happened to him?). Clark went over and started chatting them up - the perv. :boobies:

Originally posted by Jimbo

I was right there in the rain with you Chief Skin, wearing my Redskins pancho over my Redskins jacket, hat and boxers. I was also lucky enough to attend Super Bowl XVII. Unfortunately, most of the scoring, especially Riggo's run, took place at the opposite end of the field from where my seats were. About all I got to see up close were Fulton Walker's kickoff return for the Fins and a Mark Mosely FG.

Jimbo,

I was at the other end of the field. Did you see me?:laugh:

I also attended the parade.

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Same here. And working at the Sea Galley restaurant off of US 1 near MT. Vernon. chef.gifcoffee.gif Which , unfortunately, was where I was at during the game too. Had a TV set up in the kitchen. If anyone here was there at the time, sorry about that flounder. :silly:

Yeah I was there. And you screwed up my flapjacks too. :laugh:

Originally posted by Chief skin

I know where I was and I assume some of you were right there with me, there were 500,000 of us cheering in the pouring rain as the Super Bowl 17 parade was held in the streets of DC. Memories of the first Super Bowl victory, priceless.

I was at the other 2 but couldn't go this one because I was only 8 at the time.

Archived