Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark Maske

ruggerid

I don't know if this is new news, old news, or no news, but on Post Online right now:

McLean, Va.: Mr. Maske.

After the Super Bowl, are you going to Honolulu for the Pro Bowl, or back to D.C. to cover Gibbs' Assistant Coach press conference?

Mark Maske: No Hawaii for me, although I encourage you to contact Post editors and let them know how important you think Pro Bowl coverage is to the readers. I'll go home and settle into NFL coverage. I'm no longer on the Redskins beat. We juggled things around a few days after the Gibbs hiring, and I'll spend most of my time covering the league from now on, although we are going to launch a few new things in the next few months and I think I'll end up being at Redskins Park one or two days a week next season and playing some role in our Redskins coverage. But I'm not one of the main guys any more, so I don't think you'll see me at any assistant coaches press conference.

-

Originally posted by RabidFan

His new title is Nunyo bidness

:rotflmao:

But seriously, I'll miss Make's daily reports. Nunyo is pretty good and looks like he's beginning to grow into the job. He first reported the possibility of Darrell Green joining the coaching staff and when several media outlets (and some people here too) dimissed it out of hand, we found out that they were having talks.

Guys, this is not a step in the right direction.

When you're a sports writer at the Washington Post, the best job there is is beat reporter for the Redskins. At other papers in other cities NFL reporter is a bigger deal. Not in D.C. However, Maske will eventually replace Wilbon or Kornheiser as a columnist should he stay at the Post for a few more years as that's the next step up on the path he's taking. And columnist is a better job :).

Maske has to be stepping up, because he's as good as anyone in the business at beat writing and I know the editors at the Post feel the same way. Nunyo is nowhere near the writer that Maske is. As someone who is going to school to become exactly what Nunyo and Maske are, Maske is someone I look up to

Archived