Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need to draft a running back!!!

PennState11

I said it during the season and Ill say it again, we need to draft a running back.

Gibbs needs a strong running back and it will be hard to find one in free agency who can be an every down back

Also were kidding ourselves if we think we have one on our roster in Betts, or rock(as much as i love him)

I know we need d'line but thats much easier to find in free agency than running back

So i say we draft kevin jones.

I watched every tech game and trust me hes gonna be an all'pro caliber player

We just need a rb period. Whether it's the draft or FA, behind D-line RB is the most pressing need! I wouldnt mind seeing Dillon land in Washington, and I think Cincy would be willing to deal him for a reasonable price! Plus Marvin Lewis is there and he appears to have fond memories of his days in D.C.

Well you watched every Tech game did you notice he lines up 4yard deeper because of his poor vision? Did you notice this was his first year healthy ever? At 5 he is a huge gamble He avgeraged 14carries a game, that wont get him through the first half. He will not come in and keep Ramsey off his back(we need somebody who can come in here and block because Betts needs some time to learn that part of the game. He makes poor decicions and gets out of them with unbelievable physicall moves that are very risky in the NFL. Next year he will not have a huge impact for the team that selects him unless he is splitting time.

Tommie Harris had 1 sack this year and is regarded so high because he plays for OU and runs a 4.6 40 his biggest asset is he draws a double team in College mind you and it isnt on every play. He doesnt play a lot of snaps and does not dominate at all at that level and you want to take him with the #5 pick????????

YES we do need a back Duuuce Staley splitting time with betts would work fine if gibbs getts our underachieving O line going.

BTW Sean Taylor might be the best player over all in the entire draft. Bowen and Iffy are servicable back ups on most teams. If we dont take Taylor I agree we take a Kevin Jones but no way in hell at #5 he will be around well after the 10th pick and if somebody does reach for him Steven Jackson will be available.

Candidate is a great runner, but not a steamroller. He tends to be more of a dancer and is much better suited trying to sneak around to the outside with speed. I am talking about a POWER runner who can break tackles

i think we should just get a RB through the FA... i think RBs benefit mainly from a good blocking from the O-line so as long as we can find a decent average RB in the FA we will be fine. from what i remember Gibbs never had that "Hall of Fame" type of back to carry his offense except Riggins instead he had a "Hall of Fame" o-line to block for his average RBs... we should draft D-line or Taylor with our first pick... i mean if it was so easy to find a dline and safety help in the FA where the heck were they when we needed them in the past offseasons...

I'm thinking there's a Hokie fan out there who;s not on right now who's going to find this thread quick and will be decending on it when he does. As for the need to draft a running back, there's a few needs out there to be addressed. and those could change real fast depending on what that new coaching staff see's in those game films. Oh yeah. That coaching staff. Seem to think they have a good idea of what they're doing.

Can I make a suggestion can we cut down on these threads and at least wait until Joe Gibbs finishes his evalution of the roster and see what he says because right now all of this is just speculation he may come out and say that we need a center real bad or a good block TE so can we please cut back.

Originally posted by PennState11

I said it during the season and Ill say it again, we need to draft a running back.

Gibbs needs a strong running back and it will be hard to find one in free agency who can be an every down back

Also were kidding ourselves if we think we have one on our roster in Betts, or rock(as much as i love him)

I know we need d'line but thats much easier to find in free agency than running back

So i say we draft kevin jones.

I watched every tech game and trust me hes gonna be an all'pro caliber player

I believe we need a RB also and I like Kevin Jones also, but I don't believe he is Joe Gibbs type of running back. I feel Steven Jackson would be much more suited for Gibbs offense. Kevin Jones inside running ability is questionnable at best.

Steven Jackson is 6'0" 227. He's big, powerful runner, and great vision. He also has toughness and balance and makes yards after contact. He is more of a move the chains guy than a big-play threat, but he would fit Joe Gibbs offense much better than KJ.

Originally posted by Boy2Der

Can I make a suggestion can we cut down on these threads and at least wait until Joe Gibbs finishes his evalution of the roster and see what he says because right now all of this is just speculation he may come out and say that we need a center real bad or a good block TE so can we please cut back.

but then how are we fans gonna spend out offseason?

Originally posted by Boy2Der

I hope after Gibbs is done its not on every message board. Our needs should not be so clear to the rest of the league. Its all Speculation and its all opinoin and hopes and these post kill a long stretch through baseball season. Knowing our FO we will end up with Sapp but who knows??????

Gibb's history with RBs is to "acquire" the veteran, featured big or rugged back with a 3rd down scat back as the secondary RB.

Riggins- Joe Washington

Riggins - Keith Griffin

Rogers, Riggins - Griffin

Rogers - Kelvin Bryant

T. Smith - K. Bryant

Riggs - Byner

Byner - Ricky Ervins

I don't see him changing what has worked for him in the past. Gibbs did not want his featured back to be a rookie who is still learning to play in the NFL.

Originally posted by Ford

Kevin Jones is my first choice, Tommie Harris my second. I'm sick of hearing about Taylor and Winslow .. who cares.

I'm sick of hearing we need to draft a RB, when neither Jones or Jackson is worth the #5 pick. If we trade down, then thats a different story.

Personally I'd Favour a Powerful, Strong RB, a Jamal Lewis Type. Steven Jackson fits that profile, he's 3 inches taller and 15lbs lighter, but he sure can pound through the D-line.

Canidate I don't see staying around, he is too much finesse, but without the talent. I mean other RBs can dance around but at least they're good at it.

I'd take Jackson if it was my call.

Originally posted by The Agent

Personally I'd Favour a Powerful, Strong RB, a Jamal Lewis Type. Steven Jackson fits that profile, he's 3 inches taller and 15lbs lighter, but he sure can pound through the D-line.

Canidate I don't see staying around, he is too much finesse, but without the talent. I mean other RBs can dance around but at least they're good at it.

I'd take Jackson if it was my call.

Steven Jackson is 12 to 15 lbs heavier than KJ and about 2" taller.

Archived