Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Especially for you young guys.......

Art

Damn, I forgot about those preseason games under Gibbs. I remember one preseason game during the superbowl season; where a reporter told Gibbs that Playboy or some other mag predicted us to win the superbowl. He snapped backed at the reporter. He later apologized but I remember he was angry.

Let's see if go 0-4 in preseason one year; maybe that leads to a 11-0 start and win over the Bills in some future superbowl.

Damn, I forgot about those preseason games under Gibbs. I remember one preseason game during the superbowl season; where a reporter told Gibbs that Playboy or some other mag predicted us to win the superbowl. He snapped backed at the reporter. He later apologized but I remember he was angry.

Let's see if go 0-4 in preseason one year; maybe that leads to a 11-0 start and win over the Bills in some future superbowl.

Gibbs will start rookies; IF they deserve it. They have to outplay the vet.

D. Green started; and made the memorable T. dorsett rundown. :)

Andre Collins (2cd rd LB/1st pick of the skins draft that year) started as a rookie.

But how often is a rookie going to qualified to start? They more than likely will not have the playbook down. Look at dockery this year. Ramsey wasn't ready to start. Neither was Betts. or Jacobs. Gardner did, but he earned the nickname 50/50.

But a rookie may still get significant playing time even without starting.

By the way, an old school rule of thumb: you will generally lose a game for every rookie that starts. (due to rookie mistakes and inexperience)

Gibbs will start rookies; IF they deserve it. They have to outplay the vet.

D. Green started; and made the memorable T. dorsett rundown. :)

Andre Collins (2cd rd LB/1st pick of the skins draft that year) started as a rookie.

But how often is a rookie going to qualified to start? They more than likely will not have the playbook down. Look at dockery this year. Ramsey wasn't ready to start. Neither was Betts. or Jacobs. Gardner did, but he earned the nickname 50/50.

But a rookie may still get significant playing time even without starting.

By the way, an old school rule of thumb: you will generally lose a game for every rookie that starts. (due to rookie mistakes and inexperience)

I know it's been mentioned, but I recall hearing another coach complain about Gibbs (and the 'Skins) tendancy to have rookies who got 'injured' in preseason and spent the year on IR.

(Can Danny work it out so that, if our draft picks get 'injured' they still get full pay? I don't think IR players count towards the cap.)

I know it's been mentioned, but I recall hearing another coach complain about Gibbs (and the 'Skins) tendancy to have rookies who got 'injured' in preseason and spent the year on IR.

(Can Danny work it out so that, if our draft picks get 'injured' they still get full pay? I don't think IR players count towards the cap.)

Archived