Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OK!! Time to let out my Big Brother Bias

bayougator

Bayougator, one of the more interesting things I heard from George Michael yesterday was when he said, "Now that Spurrier is gone, I can say that he was never Patrick Ramsey's number one fan." I had always suspected that (Spurrier never seemed to cotton to any of what were perceived to be Dan Snyder's guys) and I wondered how Patrick felt.

He's in an infinitely better situation now. Chris Mortensen was right on when he said in his chat yesterday, "I think Joe Gibbs will fall in love with Patrick Ramsey." :)

And one last quote, this one from Tom Friend in ESPN Magazine: "If Ramsey thinks Spurrier knows quarterbacks, wait 'til he gets a load of this guy." :D

Bayougator, one of the more interesting things I heard from George Michael yesterday was when he said, "Now that Spurrier is gone, I can say that he was never Patrick Ramsey's number one fan." I had always suspected that (Spurrier never seemed to cotton to any of what were perceived to be Dan Snyder's guys) and I wondered how Patrick felt.

He's in an infinitely better situation now. Chris Mortensen was right on when he said in his chat yesterday, "I think Joe Gibbs will fall in love with Patrick Ramsey." :)

And one last quote, this one from Tom Friend in ESPN Magazine: "If Ramsey thinks Spurrier knows quarterbacks, wait 'til he gets a load of this guy." :D

Bayou, Thanks again for the insight, as always, it's well appreciated.

One question of non importance... Why did Pat choose #11?

I know he wore 7 at Tulane and it's not available for the Skins, but did he choose the number, was it assigned to him, does he even care?

I only ask because most athletes are very peculiar about their number.

Thanks...

Bayou, Thanks again for the insight, as always, it's well appreciated.

One question of non importance... Why did Pat choose #11?

I know he wore 7 at Tulane and it's not available for the Skins, but did he choose the number, was it assigned to him, does he even care?

I only ask because most athletes are very peculiar about their number.

Thanks...

Bayou, tell Pat to look at a tape of the Superbowl after the 1991 season. That will show him what to expect from coach Gibbs. It is going to be great with him back.

We can see from the TV interviews that the players don't know what to expect because they are all young and haven't seen Gibbs in action. They will find out very soon what a great coach he is. All the guys that have played for Gibbs are really stoked about his coming back, as are the fans who have been through the Gibbs years. The players will be too, soon enough.

Get ready to have a ball next year!

Bayou, tell Pat to look at a tape of the Superbowl after the 1991 season. That will show him what to expect from coach Gibbs. It is going to be great with him back.

We can see from the TV interviews that the players don't know what to expect because they are all young and haven't seen Gibbs in action. They will find out very soon what a great coach he is. All the guys that have played for Gibbs are really stoked about his coming back, as are the fans who have been through the Gibbs years. The players will be too, soon enough.

Get ready to have a ball next year!

Bayou, thanks for the insight as well. If you or Patrick have any questions on how well Gibbs protects the QB, see DieHard's library post. ;)

Code, I believe that #11 was given to Patrick by SS as it was his # as well.

Bayou, thanks for the insight as well. If you or Patrick have any questions on how well Gibbs protects the QB, see DieHard's library post. ;)

Code, I believe that #11 was given to Patrick by SS as it was his # as well.

Bayou:

I have always believed that your brother has the potential to be one of the best QBs in the league and it was painful to see him take the beating that he did last year (of course, it was much more painful from his perspective I'm sure).

To emphasize what others have said, I believe that Patrick will absolutely thrive under Gibbs and his system. It is a very QB friendly system, and provides solid protection schemes from the OL, and also features a reliable ground attack to take some of the pressure off of the QB. I know he can only guess what to expect, but trust me when I say that I am juiced already and I know he will be as well once he starts mini-camps and sees first-hand just what kind of coach/teacher Gibbs is and how his system will allow Patrick to reach his full potential. Please tell your brother that things are about to get very exciting for him and please pass along my regards.

Bayou:

I have always believed that your brother has the potential to be one of the best QBs in the league and it was painful to see him take the beating that he did last year (of course, it was much more painful from his perspective I'm sure).

To emphasize what others have said, I believe that Patrick will absolutely thrive under Gibbs and his system. It is a very QB friendly system, and provides solid protection schemes from the OL, and also features a reliable ground attack to take some of the pressure off of the QB. I know he can only guess what to expect, but trust me when I say that I am juiced already and I know he will be as well once he starts mini-camps and sees first-hand just what kind of coach/teacher Gibbs is and how his system will allow Patrick to reach his full potential. Please tell your brother that things are about to get very exciting for him and please pass along my regards.

Fouts was not that talented of a QB, quite frankly, but Gibbs turned him into a HOFer. It's very telling that Fouts dropped off the face of the earth once Gibbs left San Diego.

Patrick is EXACTLY what Gibbs likes in his QBs, namely strong arm and intelligence.

My prediction: If Gibbs and Patrick stick around for the next 5 years, Bayougator will someday get an invitation to see his bro inducted into Canton. All the Gibbs QBs were among the top rated passers, but none of them lasted for more than a couple seasons.

p.s. Next year have Patrick send us pics from his trip to Hawaii, if you know what I mean.

Fouts was not that talented of a QB, quite frankly, but Gibbs turned him into a HOFer. It's very telling that Fouts dropped off the face of the earth once Gibbs left San Diego.

Patrick is EXACTLY what Gibbs likes in his QBs, namely strong arm and intelligence.

My prediction: If Gibbs and Patrick stick around for the next 5 years, Bayougator will someday get an invitation to see his bro inducted into Canton. All the Gibbs QBs were among the top rated passers, but none of them lasted for more than a couple seasons.

p.s. Next year have Patrick send us pics from his trip to Hawaii, if you know what I mean.

This is the rise of the "immortals" - the Legends, the greatest days of this franchise are back to save it from doom. Do you realize that this team is going to get dismantled and rebuilt? (I am guessing 22 players) In a very good and solid methodical way? No knee-jerking, no quick decisions.... Simply put.

We are going to build a Cadillac. (Or in Gibbs case a Chevy). Patrick should realize that there is no pressure on **HIM**. The pressure is on the team as a whole - work as a unit and you will win. Everything is about building a team.

This is the rise of the "immortals" - the Legends, the greatest days of this franchise are back to save it from doom. Do you realize that this team is going to get dismantled and rebuilt? (I am guessing 22 players) In a very good and solid methodical way? No knee-jerking, no quick decisions.... Simply put.

We are going to build a Cadillac. (Or in Gibbs case a Chevy). Patrick should realize that there is no pressure on **HIM**. The pressure is on the team as a whole - work as a unit and you will win. Everything is about building a team.

Thanx Bayou,

You saying that kinda backs up what Patric stated on ESPN last night with Joe Theismann when he said he doesn't know what he could change from the previous years cause he hasn't experienced anything else.

But he definately is about to get that needed experience:)

Thanks for posting

Thanx Bayou,

You saying that kinda backs up what Patric stated on ESPN last night with Joe Theismann when he said he doesn't know what he could change from the previous years cause he hasn't experienced anything else.

But he definately is about to get that needed experience:)

Thanks for posting

Bayou,

One question. Can Patrick roll out and throw? Gibbs, when he doesn't go max protect, loves to roll the pocket.

Your brother honestly isn't going to know what to do with a clean jersey. Not to say he'll never be sacked again, but the days of being sacked until you get knocked out for the season are over.

Bayou,

One question. Can Patrick roll out and throw? Gibbs, when he doesn't go max protect, loves to roll the pocket.

Your brother honestly isn't going to know what to do with a clean jersey. Not to say he'll never be sacked again, but the days of being sacked until you get knocked out for the season are over.

Archived