Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OK!! Time to let out my Big Brother Bias

bayougator

Bayou,

Joe Gibbs will use Patrick's strengths and turn him into one of the top QB's in this league. Joe Gibbs and his staff make players into legends and Pat is by far and away the man to lead us to GLORY again. I truly believe Pat will be going to Hawaii and will in the end be wearing a nice, big ring on his finger.

Bayou,

Joe Gibbs will use Patrick's strengths and turn him into one of the top QB's in this league. Joe Gibbs and his staff make players into legends and Pat is by far and away the man to lead us to GLORY again. I truly believe Pat will be going to Hawaii and will in the end be wearing a nice, big ring on his finger.

I hope Pat loved what Joey T said to him on the ESPNews interview. I know I did.

"He doesn't know how lucky he is right now." I loved it and it fired me up.

My poor kids are going to have to learn to watch Redskins games now. My football players that is.

I hope Pat loved what Joey T said to him on the ESPNews interview. I know I did.

"He doesn't know how lucky he is right now." I loved it and it fired me up.

My poor kids are going to have to learn to watch Redskins games now. My football players that is.

Originally posted by riggo-toni

Patrick is EXACTLY what Gibbs likes in his QBs, namely strong arm and intelligence.

...and character. Gibbs is big on character, and I think Pat has plenty of it. If Gibbs sticks around, Pat is going to be huge.

Originally posted by riggo-toni

Patrick is EXACTLY what Gibbs likes in his QBs, namely strong arm and intelligence.

...and character. Gibbs is big on character, and I think Pat has plenty of it. If Gibbs sticks around, Pat is going to be huge.

Originally posted by bayougator

But with that it says he has no excuses now. If he isn't successful its on him.

I could do flips.

Bayougator

Having seen both Gibbs and Ramsey I cannot see how this is even remotely possible. Ramsey will be a huge success under Gibbs & Co. Ramsey, as has been posted in this thread, is significantly better than the QB's Gibbs had in the 80's IMO. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Originally posted by bayougator

But with that it says he has no excuses now. If he isn't successful its on him.

I could do flips.

Bayougator

Having seen both Gibbs and Ramsey I cannot see how this is even remotely possible. Ramsey will be a huge success under Gibbs & Co. Ramsey, as has been posted in this thread, is significantly better than the QB's Gibbs had in the 80's IMO. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

its funny to see Pat in the interview ( along with LaVar etc) Its obvious they don't know what to think.

I can only guess.

But, thos of us that were here during the Gibbs years KNOW what he (and the rest of the team ) is in for...He will LOVE Joe and his staff.

There will be NO BS.

Everyone will be prepared to the nines.

and get this..HALFTIME adjustments!

and best of all Max protection and huge rb AND frigging ATTITUDE!

just listen to all the old redskins wax wistfully....

it does the heart good.

its funny to see Pat in the interview ( along with LaVar etc) Its obvious they don't know what to think.

I can only guess.

But, thos of us that were here during the Gibbs years KNOW what he (and the rest of the team ) is in for...He will LOVE Joe and his staff.

There will be NO BS.

Everyone will be prepared to the nines.

and get this..HALFTIME adjustments!

and best of all Max protection and huge rb AND frigging ATTITUDE!

just listen to all the old redskins wax wistfully....

it does the heart good.

Good to hear from you Bayou.What little I did see of Patrick pre-skins was on replays of a couple of college games. What suprised me was how much he was running around and throwing on the run. Did'nt seem like there was a lot of structure to the offense. More like "OK Patrick, it's up to you, somehow you have to go make a play." :doh:

What Gibbs will provide more than anything is structure. But what Patrick will notice more than anything (at least at first) is protection. Here's to Patrick having a safe, healthy, and productive career under Gibbs.

:cheers:

Good to hear from you Bayou.What little I did see of Patrick pre-skins was on replays of a couple of college games. What suprised me was how much he was running around and throwing on the run. Did'nt seem like there was a lot of structure to the offense. More like "OK Patrick, it's up to you, somehow you have to go make a play." :doh:

What Gibbs will provide more than anything is structure. But what Patrick will notice more than anything (at least at first) is protection. Here's to Patrick having a safe, healthy, and productive career under Gibbs.

:cheers:

Few simple notes.

Pat has the heart of a lion and a canon for an arm.

Gibbs is a offensive football genius, especially at adapting to players strengths.

Bugel WILL get the line to play mistake free "slobber-knocker" football and there will be Hell to pay if Pat is touched.

I bet you almost always see the o-line help Pat up if he is ever knocked down he WILL be that important to them. They will go to war for him. Run down hill to crush the defense and battle in trenches to give him all the time he needs to light up the defense.

Overnight? No, but so much better from day one, as neither Joe (Gibbs or Bugel) will accept anything less than total dedication to keeping Pat healthy and standing.

The sky is the limit for Pat, hopefully someday he will share the accolades reserved today for Brett Farve and will be a fixture in Washington (who says the great players always leave, how long has Farve been in GB?)

Few simple notes.

Pat has the heart of a lion and a canon for an arm.

Gibbs is a offensive football genius, especially at adapting to players strengths.

Bugel WILL get the line to play mistake free "slobber-knocker" football and there will be Hell to pay if Pat is touched.

I bet you almost always see the o-line help Pat up if he is ever knocked down he WILL be that important to them. They will go to war for him. Run down hill to crush the defense and battle in trenches to give him all the time he needs to light up the defense.

Overnight? No, but so much better from day one, as neither Joe (Gibbs or Bugel) will accept anything less than total dedication to keeping Pat healthy and standing.

The sky is the limit for Pat, hopefully someday he will share the accolades reserved today for Brett Farve and will be a fixture in Washington (who says the great players always leave, how long has Farve been in GB?)

RT lets not be revisionist and actually take credit away from Mr. Gibbs here. Fouts did not 'drop off the face of the earth'. During most of the early 80s, he was one of the best QB in the NFL (he did go to the pro-bowl 4 times after Joe left while 1981 and 1983 were his best seasons). What is telling is that before Joe, he was just a guy with lots of potential (which occasionally showed), after Joe Gibbs got a hold of him, he became a perinial pro-bowler.

RT lets not be revisionist and actually take credit away from Mr. Gibbs here. Fouts did not 'drop off the face of the earth'. During most of the early 80s, he was one of the best QB in the NFL (he did go to the pro-bowl 4 times after Joe left while 1981 and 1983 were his best seasons). What is telling is that before Joe, he was just a guy with lots of potential (which occasionally showed), after Joe Gibbs got a hold of him, he became a perinial pro-bowler.

PS...

Please pass on to Patrick how impressed I was that he held the high ground in his interview. It was clear that the interviewer was trying to bait him into bashing Spurrier and Patrick would take no part in it. No mater how anyone feels about Spurrier, the public bashing of the man has gone way over the top. That interview showed class and maturity beyond his age. :notworthy

PS...

Please pass on to Patrick how impressed I was that he held the high ground in his interview. It was clear that the interviewer was trying to bait him into bashing Spurrier and Patrick would take no part in it. No mater how anyone feels about Spurrier, the public bashing of the man has gone way over the top. That interview showed class and maturity beyond his age. :notworthy

We all saw what happened in 1991 when Mary Rypien had all the time in the world to throw. I think he was sacked on the average of once every other game or something crazy like that. I expect the same from Ramsey.

My only advice to Patrick: Trust Joe Gibbs implicitly and absorb like he has never absorbed before! Joe Theismann did and had Gibbs come along sooner in Joe's career, (not to mention had he not suffered the broken leg) he would surely have been a Hall of Famer.

We all saw what happened in 1991 when Mary Rypien had all the time in the world to throw. I think he was sacked on the average of once every other game or something crazy like that. I expect the same from Ramsey.

My only advice to Patrick: Trust Joe Gibbs implicitly and absorb like he has never absorbed before! Joe Theismann did and had Gibbs come along sooner in Joe's career, (not to mention had he not suffered the broken leg) he would surely have been a Hall of Famer.

Archived