Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

E.com: 'Winning with bullets' Mexico enduring deadliest election ever as 30 politicians murdered

China

'Winning with bullets' Mexico enduring deadliest election ever as 30 politicians murdered

Mexico is heading into an election at an extremely volatile time when violence against political figures is at an all-time high.

The vote will be held in June, and 170 attacks against politicians have already been committed with many more expected to come.

Of these attacks, 30 involved the murder of candidates, 77 instances saw politicians threatened, and 11 were kidnappings.

Last Friday, a candidate in Mante, a city in the state of Tamaulipas, was stabbed several times while on the campaign trail.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 4

Kinda began the question what would happen to these cartels if we legalized many of the drugs they are flooding out border with and actually got serious about gun control to help limit the flow of guns back into Mexico?

Case can be made Mexico may want their sovereignty respected, but aren't keeping from being more involved for any other reason then being compromised at the highest levels of their government.

I seriously hope this new Female President that's likely to be elected is different. Otherwise, I can see point in the future where border states can't take it anymore and demand DC use military to deal with it ourselves.

• Thumb up 1

Know someone who has family back there running for mayor.  I didn't ask them about the safety.  But do we really think our noses are clean here in America?  This cartel commerce needs parties on both sides of the border. 

Just Google Jose Irizarry...

• Thumb up 1