Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Major Shake-up at NFL Network

Jumbo

The worst part of that article to me was at the end it was mentioned that the NFL is trying to sell out to ESPN. WTF? I might have to stop watching.

Silva was good on GMFB, now ESPN is going to replace him with Shefter and Orlovsky or some YouTuber they can get for cheap like when they replaced the KJM morning show with 3 people who don't even talk about sports half the time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...

I was watching this....    and hoping it didn't mean what I knew it meant.

the shadowy league figures cancelled the "around the NFL" podcast.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/around-the-nfl-hosts-fate-confirmed-after-beloved-podcast-controversially-canceled/ar-BB1pBUX7?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Honestly, that podcast and this website had become the only things about the NFL that I still liked.   now that it is gone, there really isn't an avenue to me giving two ****s about the league or the Washington franchise again.   I just just can't get myself to give a rats ass.   two-plus decades of Dan Snyder were the most obvious bloody wooden stake, but he is gone and I still just don't care.   I REALLY liked the ATL... they were the old school style sports nerds.   I honestly can't stand any of the other shows... they are all some degree of Jim Rome, and I would rather poke my eyes out than listen to any of that ****.

The NFL just can't have nice things anymore.  They don't deserve them. 

I have been listening to their first season (the off-season between RGIII rookie and second year), and had been enjoying vague old off-season news about whothe****knowswhotheyareandnobodycares players from 15 years ago..... and liking it more than ANY story now.  (for what its worth, they barely mentioned RGIII, and I am damned glad).    I am going to go find if I can dust off some Ken Beatrice tapes, and just let the NFL **** themselves further into whatever hole they are currently scurrying for nickels and dimes.    

On 7/9/2024 at 12:47 AM, mcsluggo said:

I was watching this....    and hoping it didn't mean what I knew it meant.

the shadowy league figures cancelled the "around the NFL" podcast.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/around-the-nfl-hosts-fate-confirmed-after-beloved-podcast-controversially-canceled/ar-BB1pBUX7?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Honestly, that podcast and this website had become the only things about the NFL that I still liked.   now that it is gone, there really isn't an avenue to me giving two ****s about the league or the Washington franchise again.   I just just can't get myself to give a rats ass.   two-plus decades of Dan Snyder were the most obvious bloody wooden stake, but he is gone and I still just don't care.   I REALLY liked the ATL... they were the old school style sports nerds.   I honestly can't stand any of the other shows... they are all some degree of Jim Rome, and I would rather poke my eyes out than listen to any of that ****.

The NFL just can't have nice things anymore.  They don't deserve them. 

The only thing you liked about the NFL was podcasts talking about the games?  I prefer to watch the games.