Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What websites do you visit?

I actually try to limit websites I go to now, and let those sites point me to sources I can backout of.

Reddit - has a news section now that's pretty good with providing sources I can vet and never go back to if I want

ES - group therapy and known some of yall since I was a teenager

Infosec Skills - how I get my CPEs for for my IT certs

Do apps count?

Bleacher Report - keeping up with my teams

Twitter - quickest way to find out details that might not make the newspapers

Washington Post and New York Times - I'm reading articles here all the time

Amazon, Walmart+, and Instacart I don't use apps for, buy really I'm jus getting stuff for the house to cut down in driving and save money

I'm honestly nervous about being on my phone a bunch in front of my kids, so a lot of my web surfing is done when their asleep or out somewhere without me.  Why I have timer on my phone for my browsers and apps.

Edit: I do get newsletters from SANS and Ars Technica, so...gmail?

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2024 at 11:46 PM, China said:

I do those, but the Spellling Bee is where it's at.

Ive been playing this since you mentioned and have no earthly idea how it’s scored. I make the biggest words I can think of, or the shortest and I end up with the same general score. 

also connections is the best NYTimes game. 

6 hours ago, Destino said:

Ive been playing this since you mentioned and have no earthly idea how it’s scored. I make the biggest words I can think of, or the shortest and I end up with the same general score. 

also connections is the best NYTimes game. 

For Spelling Bee you get 1 point for each four letter word, for anything longer than that you get the number of points corresponding to the number of letters in the word (e.g., "napkin" would get you 6 points).  For each pangram (that uses all of the 7 letters, you get the number of points corresponding to the number of letters in the word, plus a 7 point bonus.  If you look at the rankings it will tell you how many points you need to get to each level.  Genius is 70% of the total possible points if you get all of the words.

2 hours ago, China said:

For Spelling Bee you get 1 point for each four letter word, for anything longer than that you get the number of points corresponding to the number of letters in the word (e.g., "napkin" would get you 6 points).  For each pangram (that uses all of the 7 letters, you get the number of points corresponding to the number of letters in the word, plus a 7 point bonus.  If you look at the rankings it will tell you how many points you need to get to each level.  Genius is 70% of the total possible points if you get all of the words.

I get that but the game just ends suddenly and without warning. Sometimes after just a few words and sometimes after life 14. 

49 minutes ago, Destino said:

I get that but the game just ends suddenly and without warning. Sometimes after just a few words and sometimes after life 14. 

Ends?  Maybe there's something wrong with it, because you can keep playing up until you get all the words.  Once you hit Genius it will tell you that you've hit Genius, but you can hit Keep Playing.  As to how many words, that depends on the selection of letters and how many words are possible to make with those letters.  Some combinations of letters you can make more words with.  Like today's where you have ING so you can make various words and the corresponding ones with ING, and thus can make many more words.  But that's also why you will notice that there's never an S in the game, because they don't want a bunch of plural words.

1 hour ago, China said:

Ends?  Maybe there's something wrong with it, because you can keep playing up until you get all the words.  Once you hit Genius it will tell you that you've hit Genius, but you can hit Keep Playing.  As to how many words, that depends on the selection of letters and how many words are possible to make with those letters.  Some combinations of letters you can make more words with.  Like today's where you have ING so you can make various words and the corresponding ones with ING, and thus can make many more words.  But that's also why you will notice that there's never an S in the game, because they don't want a bunch of plural words.

see I knew something was screwy. Mine just ends randomly and gives me my score, which is always in the middle somewhere, I forget the word it attaches to it.