Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Hall of Fame class

justice98

So word is, Steve McMichael, Devin Hester, and Julius Peppers are going in this year.  That's just what's leaked so far, so I don't know who else.  But the fact that McMichael is going in kinda burns me.  I feel bad that he has ALS, but he's not more deserving than our man Jacoby.  He probably shouldn't be in at all, if I'm being honest.  He was very good, but I don't know about Hall of Fame good.  But being on that Bears defense carries weight, i guess.

• Like 2

Not sure I would agree with some of the selections.  NFL hall of fame has normally had a high bar.  I am thinking Pro Bowl 70% or higher and All Pros 50% of the time. That being said, I was looking at the DEs and it's not quite clear there was a dominant DE that took up the spots constantly.

Did I think of Dwight Freeney and Andre Johnson as Hall of Fame players while I watched them?  Maybe Dwight more than Andre.  But Andre Johnson over Torry Holt and Freeney over Antonio Gates?  Freeney couldn't play against the run all that well and benefitted from a defense playing with a high scoring offense. For sure, I thought of Antonio Gates as a first ballot Hall of Famer.

• 2 weeks later...