Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

My goodness. 

Mahomes has finally lost it.  Ostensibly at the refs but he might murder Toney in his sleep tonight. 

If Mahomes doesn’t get him, a gaggle of swiftness might for costing Travis a TD throw.  

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

He had a fastball?

Seriously, he at least used to prepare. Now he's juts a babbling fool. 

His first year I thought he was outstanding.  Then the second year and everything after happened.  

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Destino said:

Chiefs wide receivers need to be thinking about where they’ll be playing next season. Mahomes has probably anlready told Andy to get rid of that entire set of jokers. They are constantly finding ways to lose.

Outside of the ST TD in the SB last year, Toney has been awful for them.  If Kelce and Mahomes aren't clicking, KC is very average.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Chiefs wide receivers need to be thinking about where they’ll be playing next season. Mahomes has probably anlready told Andy to get rid of that entire set of jokers. They are constantly finding ways to lose.

Rice is gonna be a stud. Watson can probably be a #4 or something. They really need two guys. 

I thought, and still think, Curtis Samuel would be a guy they should make a good offer for at the deadline. 

Just now, No Nonsense said:

KC definitely has a WR problem. Toney was definitely offsides, but do refs usually call that? 

Yes, they do. 

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Chiefs in disarray. Will be interesting seeing them go into the postseason as an underdog for once. 

they are just not a threat right now. Everything is too difficult on offense 

I agree. 

They’re going to have 3-4 new WRs next year.  

They’re not going to have the ammo to do it, but I bet they’d love to trade up and grab Marvin Harrison Jr.  

If we go into to full rebuild “trust the process” mode Mahomes could turn Terry into a 1400 yard receiver. 

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

He wasn't yelling in Toney's direction. That was my first thought. 

No he was going after the refs publicly.

but he’s going to see that replay and a years worth of frustration he’s kept bottled up is going to start flowing out.  

He’s not going to say anything publicly. 

But he might commit homicide privately.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Outside of the ST TD in the SB last year, Toney has been awful for them.  If Kelce and Mahomes aren't clicking, KC is very average.

It’s not just Toney, they have no wide outs they can rely on and Andy runs a crazy passing offense. Kelce may have taken a slight step back but it’s not like he’s bad. Their wide outs are a giant pile of garbage. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I thought, and still think, Curtis Samuel would be a guy they should make a good offer for at the deadline. 

If the Chiefs trade for McLaurin and sign Samuel and win 18 games I’m going to be some kind of pissed off. 

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

The road to the SB in the AFC may go through Baltimore or Miami this year.  It's really wide open right now

It won’t be KC.  My bet is Baltimore.  

If Miami somehow gets gone fieps though, yowza, playing that track team in warm weather is going to be tough.

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If the Chiefs trade for McLaurin and sign Samuel and win 18 games I’m going to be some kind of pissed off. 

It won’t be KC.  My bet is Baltimore.  

If Miami somehow gets gone fieps though, yowza, playing that track team in warm weather is going to be tough.

I would hate to see the Ratbirds back in the SB and a possible rematch vs the 49ers from 11 years ago.  It could happen again.  Miami's with that offense and defense is definitely intriguing.

Edited by NoVaSkins21

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I agree. 

They’re going to have 3-4 new WRs next year.  

They’re not going to have the ammo to do it, but I bet they’d love to trade up and grab Marvin Harrison Jr.  

If we go into to full rebuild “trust the process” mode Mahomes could turn Terry into a 1400 yard receiver. 

I actually want that for TMC. He deserves it and would be nice to a see a QB and organization that maximizes his ability