Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Ricky Stromberg C Arkansas

zCommander

16 hours ago, MassSkinsFan said:

Admittedly, I've only watched the clips in this thread, but I'm seeing something I think he does really well - reach blocking. Several of the running plays show him reaching across a defender to engage the opposite shoulder, then turning the defender perpendicular to the line, sealing off his side of the planned hole. He also seems to know when he needs to ride the defender past the hole when he realizes he won't be able to turn them. His pass pro can definitely use some work but I'm cautiously optimistic - I guess that applies to everything WFT though... 😂

Better run blocker right now then pass blocker.   As a run blocker IMO, he's very good.  He said in an interview, he considers himself nasty as a run blocker.  I wouldn't go that far.  He doesn't to my eyes play with a mean streak.  But he's physical.  Sustains his blocks.  Is a people mover at times. 

But what i love most is he seems really good with combo blocks, which is an important skill for centers.  And I also love that he often on combo blocks, does his duty and then does the 2nd leg to that really well which is springing forward, peeling off his first block and then blocking another guy on the same play.

He's PFF, 2nd highest rated run blocker among centers, 3rd highest rated zone blocker.  For a team that wants to run the ball and from what i gather run more zone it bodes well.

On those clips below, you see the combo block and then he hits another dude, too on the same play. 

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 1.56.04 PM.png

stromberg1.png

stromberg2.png

stromberg3.png

stromberg4.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think this is the only pick who's a lock to play for us, for a long time.

Barring injury, I will personally be shocked if he’s not the week 1 starter. Get him in there with Howell and let them at it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...