Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Decision making from WTEM

Art

Actually, I think he'd MUCH more likely to go against Gibbs the first year than following ones. And I bet Gibbs would be ok with that. At this point it's not unreasonable to think Cerrato knows players better than Gibbs after 12 years out of the game. I'd bet Gibbs will even defer early on until he gets back into things.

Actually, I think he'd MUCH more likely to go against Gibbs the first year than following ones. And I bet Gibbs would be ok with that. At this point it's not unreasonable to think Cerrato knows players better than Gibbs after 12 years out of the game. I'd bet Gibbs will even defer early on until he gets back into things.

This was about the arrangement that Gibbs had before. Beathard brought in the players with Gibbs input, but Gibbs had final say on who made the team's final roster.

Although at the very end of their careers Gibbs and Beathard had some disagreements on personnel. Gibbs wanted to keep some of his old veterans around a little bit longer then Beathard desired. I remember Jack Kent Cooke finally settled the issue. :)

This was about the arrangement that Gibbs had before. Beathard brought in the players with Gibbs input, but Gibbs had final say on who made the team's final roster.

Although at the very end of their careers Gibbs and Beathard had some disagreements on personnel. Gibbs wanted to keep some of his old veterans around a little bit longer then Beathard desired. I remember Jack Kent Cooke finally settled the issue. :)

Gibbs may not "know" the names of players around the league that much, having been out of football for 12 years, but he does recognize talent.

One of Gibbs biggest assets is recognizing and judging football skills on the field. After he sees players perform for awhile -- either on the practice field or in the film rooms -- he has an astute eye as to which players have what it takes to contribute something or to excell. :)

Archived