Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: From Wentz Will We Go (49ers)

KDawg

5 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

The whole qb circle jerk discussion is moot if neither is being utilized to their respective strengths and not put in unnecessary predicaments 

I get what you are saying, but what exactly are Heinicke’s strengths?

Handing the ball off and guys in the locker room like him?

I’m not even being a smartass, I legit cannot come up with a strength for him.  Much of it he can’t help, height and arm talent obviously work against him.  But I can’t really think of any thing he’s necessarily really good at consistently.  He has moments, but no bread and butter.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I get what you are saying, but what exactly are Heinicke’s strengths?

Handing the ball off and guys in the locker room like him?

I’m not even being a smartass, I legit cannot come up with a strength for him.  Much of it he can’t help, height and arm talent obviously work against him.  But I can’t really think of any thing he’s necessarily really good at consistently.  He has moments, but no bread and butter.

To be fair, he reads the field well and goes through progressions. Good football mind IMHO

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

To be fair, he reads the field well and goes through progressions. Good football mind IMHO

He’s been patting the football more and more week by week.  Perhaps he can get through his reads, he’s just unable to see over the lines.  The 2nd Giants game we had guys streaking open pretty regularly and he simply wouldn’t let it go.  Those plays were costly and ended up in sacks or late errant passes.

I'd say Heinicke's strengths are wiggle/elusiveness in tight spaces. He's not fast or explosive, but he has that ability to wiggle out of tight spots and just enough quickness to get out and pick up yards. 

And for what it's worth, he has been fairly clutch this year. Had multiple 4th quarter game winning drives last year and this year. The moment doesn't get too big for him.

He's a bad QB but he does do some things well. I think we squeezed every bit of juice we possibly could out of him though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd say Heinicke's strengths are wiggle/elusiveness in tight spaces. He's not fast or explosive, but he has that ability to wiggle out of tight spots and just enough quickness to get out and pick up yards.

He definitely has his moments and this is one area he is clearly better than Wentz.  I used to laugh about “hair on fire” Heinicke, but the more I watch him, the more I get it.  It’s definitely a strength when he plays like his hair is on fire, but on a typical Sunday - not so much.

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

And for what it's worth, he has been fairly clutch this year. Had multiple 4th quarter game winning drives last year and this year. The moment doesn't get too big for him.

This is fair and probably ties into my response above as well.  The Heinicke who plays like he’s got something to lose, ie: “hair on fire” has strengths.  Heinicke who feels pretty comfy, has none IMO.

• Like 1