Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Commandos Cut The Cheese

KDawg

3 hours ago, SpacePenguin said:

Robinson was running hard, I thought. Looks great for a guy who got shot a month ago. He was running through tackles pretty often, although once it almost resulted in a fumble. I think Gibson looks much better simply due to his being more fresh and Turner not abandoning the run like he tended to do with Wentz at QB/being down by 2 scores early on.....which has as much to do with the competition level as it does with Wentz,imo.

Not to belabor the point though, you did concede.

Robinson has been too quick to spill his runs.  He needs to settle down and press the hole when his line is working for him.  I'm sure he'll be better as he learns what the coaching staff wants from him.  He's got to be the bruiser that wears down the defense.  AG is the home run hitter.  Who should take over the fly sweep action that Samuels has been running.  Not that Samuels hasn't been good.  But Gibson can take on that role and he's even bigger.  That would free up Samuel for more slip screens and zone beaters.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Lucas got dominated by Preston Smith. He's a nice depth tackle but Cosmi is still our best option at RT when he's healthy.  We can't afford to kick him inside without a better option on the roster for OT.  Unless we get really lucky in FA again, we're going to have to wait to draft a good OT prospect in order to kick Cosmi to guard.  The much easier path to improvement is to find a guard in FA or in the draft who gives us better options at RG than the collection of back up caliber options we currently have.

I'm pretty sure Charles Leno was the one dealing with Preston. Unless the Packers move Smith from right d-end to left sometimes. Which I'm not aware of.

1 minute ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I'm pretty sure Charles Leno was the one dealing with Preston. Unless the Packers move Smith from right d-end to left sometimes. Which I'm not aware of.

I didn’t realize Preston was a 2nd rounder.  Sheeesh.

well, I’m already looking forward to Ron selecting another Alabama DT next year in the first round

Edited by petey hodge
  • Like 1