Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Buffalo vs. Landover Junior Varsity

KDawg

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I listened to Baldinger this morning who studied the game.  His take is he sees Del Rio trying new things to fix things.  But he thinks they need to do more.  He puts a lot on the D line suggesting that their play can help the back end.  He hits them hard for also not playing hard to the ball and not creating turnovers.   He's a big Chase guy, he thinks he has elite talent but needs to vary his moves more which is a transition that's not uncommon for young edge rushers. 

It just seems like there is so much to fix, it's overwhelming.  You're looking at supposed effort, technic like counter moves, freelancing, missed assignments and Rivera said something yesterday on The Junkies interview that kind of surprised me.  He said something along the lines of each player is looking at the other for leadership.  I mean a ton of mental and physical stuff is going on here. 

This team needs to go to therapy!  LOL

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

This team needs to go to therapy!  LOL

No, we need to go to therapy!

I don't know much but I do know defensive players are aggressive by nature. I feel JDR needs to unleash the hounds more often than he does - toss em a bone and maybe get a turnover or 2.  I get it - we need to be disciplined but they can do so when being allowed to attack at the LOS. Discipline = reading = overthinking = playing slow.

We did face good QBs to start the year but he just seems to be coaching scared of the offenses we are facing, when one could argue those same offenses should be scared of our defense. And I think we saw that in week 1 with LAC not running on first down, quick passing instead. Week 2, with the G running Daniel Jones like a college QB. Throwing curveballs at us knowing if they play traditional and conservative run run short pass - that will equal punt. Teams were unpredictable yet our defense looked painfully predictable.

Every single 3rd and long we rush 4 in their lanes and play zone.  It's just far too easy for OL and offenses alike. One of the core elements of the game is unpredictability yet it seems like JDR is still expecting an 80 year old conservative OC to call a drive conceding draw on every 3rd and long. Offenses are more unpredictable yet our defense appears more predictable than ever to these eyes.

I hate hearing announcers on 3rd and long - oh there is no play in the book for that!!1!  Bull**** chuck it deep and try.

Edited by RandyHolt

Some glorious day we won't be forced to admire a few pretty flowers growing out of the steaming pile of manure that this team unfortunately is.

I used to find myself like most everyone else, fighting mad on GameDay and as the week progressed my mood would slowly transform back to mild optimism but more and more lately I'm finding it much more difficult to bury the cynicism. 

On a positive note I believe I now have a much more thorough understanding of masochism and what it is to suffer through it.