Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The new TV deals

88Comrade2000

Well, the ESPN package expires after this season. All the other packages expires after next season.

The nfl hopes have the new deals in the next month; so some of that money can be used to offset the 2020 losses and boost the 21 cap number.

There probably won’t be that much difference.

Fox will still have the NFC, CBS the AFC. Sunday night still on NBC.

ESPN will probably still have Monday night. Though they might simulcast the game on ABC. ESPN would like a better matchup of games. Maybe they let late season flexing available or maybe they have late season doubleheaders, were the best game is actually broadcast nationally. ABC might enter into the Super Bowl rotation.

Thursday nights might be streaming on Amazon; which would be the big change. 

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

ABC did Monday nights, ESPN had Sunday nights. When NBC took Sundays in 2006, ABC was dropped and ESPN took Mondays.

Yeah, when MNF went from ABC to ESPN; ABC was no longer in the Superbowl rotation.

If Disney keeps MNF, I think they will be part of the rotation again.

16 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I don't see ESPN being part of the Super Bowl rotation unless they keep it on broadcast TV. Restricting bowl games to ESPN has killed college's bowl game viewership, I doubt NFL wants to do anything to chip away at the dominance they have.

Cord-cutting is killing ESPN. The NFL would be wise to insist on ABC as Disney's broadcast vehicle if they want the NFL contract. I'm sure the NFL is exploring streaming options, too.

• 3 weeks later...

If those flexed games get put exclusively on ESPN, boooo.

Thursdays nights are also exclusively Amazon Prime nights now. I have access to Amazon Prime. Aside from Washington games, I doubt I'll go through the trouble of loading the stream.

ESPN: NFL announces TV deals with ESPN/ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, Amazon  

ESPN got some improvements this time around. 2 Superbowls. Airing a playoff game in the divisional round , in addition to wild card round.  Being able to flex MNF games after Week 12. 

PFT: NFL announces new TV deals with NBC, CBS, FOX, ESPN, Amazon 

Archived