Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reflections on a crazy 2020 NFL Season

petey hodge

29 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Flowers is doing pretty well in Buffalo though. And good for him - I loved his redemption story and how our team turned his entire career around.  Just sad he didn't stay.

He did have a good year for the fins, and I was hoping he would stay too.  Especially after the black hole at LG for so long.  But it worked out well for us too with wes.  At least the gmen weren't smart enough to kick him inside.

On 1/12/2021 at 2:01 AM, petey hodge said:

I just committed to WFT gear not because it is an "interim year" as we await a new team name.. but because it represents a challenging year in which we prevailed as a team, a fanbase, and started gaining the respect of others in the league.

F 2020. I just bought my first WFT gear to immortalize this particular successful season.

HTTR 

ff_3873526-a0e963a504a3e034688b_full.jpg

The name may change, but this awesome looking cap will always be awesome if for no other reason than to commemorate this crazy, but ultimately successful season that instilled a weary fan base with legitimate HOPE. 

I honestly don’t know how to feel, I enjoyed watching this team at times, but I think I will forever be pissed off about the name change. 

I don’t know where the path of fandom leads for me, this year certainly didn’t make me embrace the new name, and it certainly didn’t inspire me for the future like it has done others. 

I still don’t want any gear that says Washington football team, and even making the playoffs doesn’t make that horrible name go away.....in the middle of beating the Steelers like a rented mule at a hooters in Pensacola beach Florida some dude at the bar stated to my brother an I “well at least the Steelers have a name” what argument can even be said for that? 

On top of that the Division stunk out loud so winning it was more like winning the worst gift at a white elephant gift exchange, you know the one everyone keeps passing so they can draw another present. 

So I don’t know, thank god for the Capitals, and Nationals, and Joe Gibbs Racing, I guess I’ll be here next season I don’t know, but it certainly won’t be in any Washington Football Team Gear 

Archived