Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking back at Kyle Smith's drafts -Updated

Riggo-toni

43 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I get hindsight is 20/20 but, am I'm not knocking the Allen pick, but we were a team with a disgruntled QB on his second FT and there were a couple of gem QBs available in the draft. I get the smell of the RG3 trade was still fresh but if the team wanted a new QB they could have gotten one. On the bright side, at least we didn't draft Kizer like I wanted.

I don't stress the players we passed on, that will always be the case. As long as they hit on their selection that's all you can ask.  

6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't stress the players we passed on, that will always be the case. As long as they hit on their selection that's all you can ask.  

Every pick I wanted would have been a bad one. My crushes were Adoree Jackson, Jarred Davis, Reuben Foster and D’Onta Foreman. I think the only real crush I had that thrived was Budda Baker.

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Every pick I wanted would have been a bad one. My crushes were Adoree Jackson, Jarred Davis, Reuben Foster and D’Onta Foreman. I think the only real crush I had that thrived was Budda Baker.

We're all guilty of that.  I was pretty convinced RGIII was going to put an end to our suffering.  

13 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

I think it’s telling that Tim Gribble was promoted to Director of College Personnel last year and survived the wave of firings this year. He’s the one working with Stokes to sift and analyze all the information they’ve compiled and build the board. Kyle Smith spoke very highly of Tim as well so I don’t feel too down on all the changes, so far at least. 

I wonder if Tim Gribble is related to my junior high shop teach, Gerald Gribble.  If they're related, hopefully Tim doesn't catch himself on fire with an arc welder.

On 1/30/2021 at 2:37 PM, Darrell Green Fan said:

This is my entire point. Bruce was the boss until 2019, from that point on even with the owner hijacking the first round pick Kyle's group put up 2 damned good drafts. If L. Charles develops into a starter 2020 will look like a great draft.   

Well let's thank Kyle, move on and improve on it. Spilled milk is in the Atl. 

Archived