Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Bleacher Report- Haskins Benched for week 5 Rams Match-up, Allen will Start

Reaper Skins

Coach's statements and body language tell me this is about failure to take what the designed/called plays are providing.  Turn-overs happen and he did clean that up the next game. It's Turner's comments that resonate the most for me ... they think the plays and the rest of the team are creating opportunities and Haskins hasn't been taking advantage of them.  They note that he's hurt by lack of a real pre-season to learn a new offense in game conditions, etc.  I don't think they would have started him at all if they didn't think he had the physical and mental ability because they know that Allen does and he knows the playbook.  I think they didn't see the mental part of this at the level it needs to be to run their offense.

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

That was pretty much his rookie year as a starter and he was forced to play due to injury whether he was ready or not. Gotta believe he's gonna be better this year having had that experience. Here's hoping he sparks this team or it's on to Alex.

Yeah that was last year.  Is he going to be a whole lot better this year?  I guess we'll see soon enough.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 2:39 PM, Rocky21 said:

The guy (Kyle Allen) was a turnover machine last year plus he held the ball too long and took a **** ton of sacks. 

Maybe things will change this year?  We'll see.  I hope so.

Did someone say 'turnover machine"? 😉

Two turnovers.  One lead to a score and the other lead to an immediate score.  

Archived