Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Be Sure to Watch Kevin Jones Tonight

KJ is the best back in this draft I don't care what anybody says. VT has no passing game and faces 8-9 in the box regulary but he still has averaged 5.5ypc has a true freshman,5.6 has a Soph and 5.5ypc has a Junior that is consistency. He also is a better inside runner than people realize. KJ will be a very good NFL RB with the ability to take it to the house everytime he touches it. The kid is fast and extremely elusive and shifty. And he has the size look at his arms tonight freaking huge.

Strengths: Franchise back...Fast...Elusive...A great athlete...Has been very productive and really came into his own since he became the primary ball carrier.

Weaknesses: Needs to hold onto the ball better...Has had some problems with injuries...Not a power runner.

Sounds like anyone else we know with the initials TC? I don't want to judge him too much because I really never took a good look at him playing. But it seems like he is just a trung clone. Can someone correct me if im wrong?

What? Trung Canidate and Kevin Jones? That's very funny. You were joking, right? :)

I don't watch Jones much, but he is nothing like Canidate.

One thing I like about Jones is that he always beats the first guy. Whoever the first tackler that gets to Jones is, he always makes him miss or just makes him bounce off. I don't know how he does it, but he doesn't let the first guy bring him down. That's always impressed me a great deal.

Canidate.. might be the worst starting Running Back in the Redskins history.

I've seen Trung get brought down by a stiff wind!

I've seen Trung get tackeled by the yard line!

If Trung can get through the line with no one touching him, man, he looks great.

Let's get rid of Trung and Ladell, and get a real back, like Earnest Byner, or a Terry Allen type who can run and catch, because Patrick needs some help.

Steven Jackson is bigger, a better runner, and a better receiver. He's in a league that Kevin Jones isn't, simple as that. Kevin Jones is competing with Chris Perry for 2nd best, he's not on Steven Jackson's level. Way too many holes in Kevin Jones game to even be compared to Jackson. This is not a Ricky Williams-Edgerrin James thing. Its not like that year, there's a clear best out of the top 2.

Yall VAtech fans may want to believe Steven Jackson is the best, but I doubt yall would actually prefer the Skins get him over Steven Jackson. If theyre using their first on a back and both are availabe, of course. I doubt Jackson will be there when we pick anyway, if thats the case, we better not be drafting RB. There's only one I'd be comfortable using a first on this year and thats Steven Jackson.

Originally posted by atlhawksfan

Steven Jackson is bigger, a better runner, and a better receiver. He's in a league that Kevin Jones isn't, simple as that. Kevin Jones is competing with Chris Perry for 2nd best, he's not on Steven Jackson's level. Way too many holes in Kevin Jones game to even be compared to Jackson. This is not a Ricky Williams-Edgerrin James thing. Its not like that year, there's a clear best out of the top 2.

Yall VAtech fans may want to believe Steven Jackson is the best, but I doubt yall would actually prefer the Skins get him over Steven Jackson. If theyre using their first on a back and both are availabe, of course. I doubt Jackson will be there when we pick anyway, if thats the case, we better not be drafting RB. There's only one I'd be comfortable using a first on this year and thats Steven Jackson.

I agree, Steven Jackson is a strong all-round RB, as well as a honor student, which means he is smart enough to pick up an offensive system fast as well

Never say never, skins1_us. That's a very realistic possibility if Champ gets franchised.

I'd be very much in favor of drafting Jackson or possibly Jones if the D-line isn't neglected.

It's just crappy luck that this is one of the weakest D-line crops in years. I'd be hard-pressed to draft Will Smith over Steven Jackson though if the scenario presented itself.

We're getting to see one of those crappy Defenses that Jackson ran against all year. The PAC-10 is always soft, soft, soft.

Jones already has three catches tonight. I am surprised we are actually throwing the ball to him. It's not Jones' fault that we never throw to our RBs or TEs.

This doesn't like Tech's normal offense, and I LOVE it!

:cheers:

Anybody else notice how Cal's qb holds the ball when going back to pass? I was under the impression that Spurrier was the only coach to teach qbs to use both hands untill they release the ball for a pass. Most qb's only use their throwing hand when they rare back to pass, where SS teaches to them to use both hands.

I didn't realize just how much the VT offense was like the Redskin offense. Once they go down by points, they start trying to catch up by throwing the ball every down. Ouch.

You know Jones hasn't touched the ball on either of the last two drives. What were the results of both drives? Three and out punts.

Why don't coaches see these types of things? I must be missing something.

Archived