Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Hopeful Optimism Thread

Veretax

I'll get laughed at but I believe with the right hire we'll win the division next year. Our defense gave up on Manusky, it's painfully obvious, individually these players are not this bad. Haskins improving with our young stud wideouts McLaurin and Sims, I think we'll see a major turnaround. The big changes need to be a head coach and a defensive coordinator with a track record of success. 

What I saw from Haskins in his last two games gave me a ton of confidence in his future abilities. He was weaving in and out of the pocket and feeling the pressure better than I've seen any of our QBs do in a long time. I don't think we are far off, this team just gave a piss poor effort and a ton of players gave up, it's as clear as that. 

Motivate them, give them all a goal, tell them they are great players and instill confidence in their abilities, stop letting monkeys call plays for us and watch the improvements. 

I know this is an optimism thread and all but you guys are once again underrating this division. It happens every offseason. 

At the very least, Dallas will have Dak and Zeke next season (Skins are 1-7 all time against those two). Iggles will have Wentz (Skins are 2-5 against him). Those players alone make their teams better than ours. Idk what to make of Daniel Jones but he showed that he can singlehandedly win games on occasion. The Skins will be rolling out Dwayne Haskins coming off an up and down half a season. Not to mention, we lost every single division game against said bad division. 

Not saying there is no hope but it will be very tough to win it next season. Overall, it’s wide open but I don’t think it is for us. A lot would have to break right. 

10 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I know this is an optimism thread and all but you guys are once again underrating this division. It happens every offseason. 

At the very least, Dallas will have Dak and Zeke next season (Skins are 1-7 all time against those two). Iggles will have Wentz (Skins are 2-5 against him). Those players alone make their teams better than ours. Idk what to make of Daniel Jones but he showed that he can singlehandedly win games on occasion. The Skins will be rolling out Dwayne Haskins coming off an up and down half a season. Not to mention, we lost every single division game against said bad division. 

Not saying there is no hope but it will be very tough to win it next season. Overall, it’s wide open but I don’t think it is for us. A lot would have to break right. 

Its open because the rest of the division is bad. I think we have just as much talent, at least close, as anyone else in the division but its come down to our training staff and coaching. With an improvement in coaching I can definitely see contending for the division next year. We have a poor record against them because of the bad coaching, not because they are so much more talented than us. We may not do enough next year, but its definitely a possibility to see a big improvement.

IF Haskins keeps showing the improvement he has made every game, especially the last two games, we are for sure contending for the division unless the Cowboys or Eagles suddenly play WAY better than they have the last two years. Cowboys have the best chance of that as they will also have a coaching change in the hopes to get more out of their players, the main difference is we have been destroyed by injuries that the other teams havent had to deal with. If we dont replace the training staff I will be pessimistic.

11 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

There are likely 3 of the 4 teams hiring a new HC this year.  There is a reason for that.

Archived