Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post game report on Comcast

BlitzFiftySix

Probably the most honest and informative hour of Redskins review I have ever seen.

These guys pulled no punches and told it like it was.

Tre Johnson, Gary Clark, Don Warren and Chick Hernandez really let them have it.

Tre and Gary touched on the fact that Champ and Lavar both recently rejected contract extensions and both agreed that the players will not be here over the next few years.

To be honest does it really matter if Lavar and or champ are gone?

When it becomes a money issue you are no longer a Redskin turning down 14 to 16 million in signing bonus?

We can get a handful of solid players for that who perform without yapping

With the right GM we could land a coupple of no name football players who play within the system for alot less and have consistency.

For years during the Norv Turner era, I kept thinking this team needed big name stars. I felt we didn't have enough of them. This is why I was so hyped when we got Champ Bailey followed by LaVar Arrington. They had the names and the hype coming out of college. Well, I forgot, the old Redskins didn't have stars and if they did they became stars while playing for the Redskins.

Dexter Manley wasn't a star before he was a 'skin. Mann, Rypien, Clark, Sanders, and the rest weren't stars. Name one guy who was star before coming to the 'skins. They just played hard and won.

We need 9-5 type of guys. Less hype more fight.

Some of you still don't get it. It is not the players. Can you honestly look at the Cowboys roster and say up and down it is 27 points better than the Redskins roster?

This is a matter of coaching both at the top and at the coordinator positions. Even Snyder at this point recognizes it. Bringing in more talent to try to offset the lack of proper coaching is like bringing a band-aid to a head trauma victim. Redskins #1 priority is to get the defensive side of the ball to play as a unit to the opponent's weaknesses.

I can only stick to my mantra of 3 years for Spurrier, since that is what he himself said it would take him. I think after yesterday's game many will be fine with him leaving after 2.

Regardless, yesterday's game made it pretty official I think. Pretty much everything he said has come back to make him look like a complete moron. Make fun of late nights- the guy he directly names has beaten him twice in two years (Saints coach Jim Haslett, I believe). Also, Gruden, a notorious late-nighter, wins the SB. Talk about giving game balls to Snyder... second game of year 2, not only do you lose both in year 2, you get demolished and embarassed in the second game. No game ball for Snyder.

That Comcast postgame sounds like it was cool. Was anything else said?

I can only stick to my mantra of 3 years for Spurrier

Got some bad news for you: there is no 3 year plan.

This offseason the Skins will likely address the woeful defensive line. Would that have made a difference in this game? Sure, the Skins would have lost 17-0 instead of 27-0. Whoop-de-****.

The Skins are an undisciplined, poorly-coached, heartless bunch of whiners. What they need is not more talent -- what they need is a good kick in the ass. Repeat as necessary.

The were not competitive yesterday. Sure, blame it on the street free agent QB they were forced to hire midseason because the front office is too stupid to hire a backup QB. Sure, blame in on the defensive line because the front office is too stupid to hire any pass rushers. But even after all the front office stupidity, this team could win.

Man for man, this team is better than the Cowboys. Yep, better. It wasn't great coaching that won the game for the Cowboys yesterday, and it wasn't luck with all those INTs. It was fire. Enthusiasm. Desire. Heart. They had it. The Skins didn't. End of story.

There's no 3 year plan for that.

there may be a 3 year plan but it keeps getting re-started each offseason.

there was the Year 1 plan which imploded and had to be scrapped.

now there is evidence the club may undergo another coaching staff and player personnel overhaul this offseason between Years 2 and 3.

when you talk about a 3 year plan that is successful it is usually one that BUILDS from year to year :)

I don't see much of that going on here.

Originally posted by Nighthawk

For years during the Norv Turner era, I kept thinking this team needed big name stars. I felt we didn't have enough of them. This is why I was so hyped when we got Champ Bailey followed by LaVar Arrington. They had the names and the hype coming out of college. Well, I forgot, the old Redskins didn't have stars and if they did they became stars while playing for the Redskins.

Dexter Manley wasn't a star before he was a 'skin. Mann, Rypien, Clark, Sanders, and the rest weren't stars. Name one guy who was star before coming to the 'skins. They just played hard and won.

We need 9-5 type of guys. Less hype more fight.

Good point. Too bad we don't have the scouts to spot talent, because they were all fired by.........................danny. Too bad we don't have a front office to look or advise on talent because they were all fired by...................danny. Need I say more?

I'm glad someone finally called out Lavar and Champ for what they are. Ego "me" players who cannot be counted on to raise their level of play when playing a hated division rival.

Lavar is a disappointment, no better than an average LB with freakish measurables and athleticism. God give talent and "football stupid". The experiment is over.... cut bait.

Champ... again... another physical talent who lacks football "awareness". He's just not the corner you spend big money when he rarely makes game changing plays. The experiment is over.... cut bait.

I'll take anyone Bill Bellicheck likes in terms of football players. Smart guys of average talent who understand the scheme and make plays. I'll take these intelligent players blessed with average NFL talent over this Redskin group of overachieving primadonas.

You want to know when the organization will turn it around? When it quits reading it's own press clippings about talented players and goes out and gets lunch pale guys who love the game and who'll leave it on the field week in and week out.

Archived