Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: We've God Wood....and Now Crews!

Riggo#44

7 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Can teams trade away future year draft picks? I know we just got a pick recently but that was for that years draft.

I also weirdly have no problem trading Lane Thomas or Finnegan inside the division.

If they trade him to Philly I'm asking for Harper in return

34 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Can teams trade away future year draft picks? I know we just got a pick recently but that was for that years draft.

I also weirdly have no problem trading Lane Thomas or Finnegan inside the division.

You can only trade competitive balance picks. I believe those are set on a yearly basis so you can’t actually trade future ones. Not sure if there is a loophole where it can be a player to be named later.

So dumb to start a game and play nine minutes for a rain delay.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2024 at 10:25 AM, TheGoodBits said:

Thinking Dickerson must have been the real target here and went with guys they could add at under slot value for the first two picks to make room for him. 

Dickerson's record breaking signing bonus indicates my take was correct. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Coles has to be gone after this year, right?

We'll see. Davey has that Rivera-esk thing where he doesn't hold his coaches accountable nearly as much as he should. "working through it" and "sticking together" isn't a strategy. Coles should have been gone before the break. 

Edited by @DCGoldPants

On 7/24/2024 at 2:18 PM, EmirOfShmo said:

Uggh, it’s always rough to get no hit.

But Crews had another good day with two doubles and a walk. We’re about a month away from seeing him up here. 

I’m hoping we get Stone Garrett up here if Lane gets traded.

If/when Winker gets traded, we become too lefthanded deficient. Garrett, Ramirez, and Yepez start to become redundant.

This was a hell of a comeback game after getting no hit yesterday. Lots of guys picking up others tonight. Gore had another rough outing, but the bullpen - Law, Floro, Garcia, Barnes were nails to get to extra innings.

Lipscomb, who has struggled mightily offensively, worked a hell of a PA to draw a walk with two outs in the 10th to load the bases. Then Young with a bases clearing triple, unreal.

R Garcia looks like a beast out there.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1