Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting Dallas/Washington stat

Sorry if this has been posted but I caught this on SportsCenter last night at the very end of a Cowboy segment.

Apparently, the Cowboys have come to Washington six or seven times with a winning record since 1992 and only won one of those games.

They showed the years and the scores and the only ones that I remember was them getting their only win in that situation in 1994 and us beating them when they were undefeated in 1995. Other years were 1992, 1996, 1997...

Anyway, I hope the trend continues!

Agreed. Seems we do better against Dallas when Dallas is a winning team. As it's been so long since then, I'm not sure we can remember that :). Dallas has also been outscored on the season. It'll be interesting to see whether they can hold it together or not. I think with Parcells tightening the reigns he's going to learn whether he's got the sort of character he needs to win or not. I am hoping not. At least not this week :).

And we got them in both games back in 1995. Both Gus and Heath took a bite out of the eventual champs!

Anyway, I don't know how Sunday will go but I really think it'll be much different than our matchup in October.

For one we're playing much better now. Secondly, as bad as this is, we seem to play our best football in December (when we're not playing for anything) over the past few years.

I would love to deal a critical blow to their playoff chances and get Spurrier multiple division wins. It'd be something to build on now that it looks very probable that he's coming back.

I'm worried about offensive production - Coles' toe, whether the Hassleback magic will continue. the running back situation given that we may need to move the ball on the ground due to the weather . . . Also, given the weather, I'm worried about the prospects for tailgating. The beer will stay cold, but the Smokey Joe might be hard to start.

Man are the holidays stressful.

AH, the magic of the Cowboys and Redskins rivalry. Fear not Dan T. Stranger things have happened. Even 'ol Bruce had a sack and forced fumble last year that Arrington recovered for a TD. Hopefully, the gridiron ghosts of George Allen and Vince Lombardi will be in attendance with a little bit of mother nature. A forced fumble here and a gust of wind there, combined with the legend of Redskins crowds past, and we will best the Cowboys. I feel an RFK NFC Championship atmosphere this Sunday!

Archived