Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sure glad we drafted LaVar instead of Courtney Brown

Sure glad we drafted LaVar instead of Courtney Brown now. Brown has been on IR just about every year. :laugh:

| Brown to IR - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 9 Dec 2003 12:19:18 -0800

Cleveland Browns DE Courtney Brown (biceps) was placed on injured reserve with a ruptured biceps tendon. He will need surgery and likely four months of rehab.

Cerrato and the skins had no choice. Courtney Brown was drafted ahead of Lavar an Samuels by the browns. If he was drafted after Lavar, then the thread would have a point. Maybe you should change the title of the thread to: "the Browns sure are bummed they picked Courtney Brown instead of Lavar."

Originally posted by SoCalSkins

Cerrato and the skins had no choice. Courtney Brown was drafted ahead of Lavar and Samuels by the browns. If he was drafted after Lavar, then the thread would have a point. Maybe you should change the title of the thread to: "the Browns sure are bummed they picked Courtney Brown instead of Lavar."

Whateva. :laugh: But for your information the Browns threatened to draft LaVar up until draft day and only backed off after LaVar's agent told them behind the scenes, that LaVar preferred to play for the Skins over the Browns. The Browns backed off because they didn't want any big holdout problem. I remember sweating bullets during the draft, thinking the Browns were still going to draft LaVar, which is what all their fans preferred.

If the Browns had insisted and still drafted LaVar, then we would definitely have drafted Courtney Brown and Samuels.

Which was my point. Glad we didn't wind up drafting Brown. ;)

Originally posted by REDALERT

The Browns were also trying to use the "we're gonna draft Lavar " tactic to try and get a extra pick outta Snyder. They thought Snyder was dum enough and desperate enough to make the move:laugh: . Thank God Snyder didn't fall for it...

Yeah, you're right about that. I forgot about that. :D

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

I remember sweating bullets during the draft, thinking the Browns were still going to draft LaVar, which is what all their fans preferred.

[/color]

I don't understand why you were sweating bullets, even before the draft started Courtney Brown and the Browns had come to a contract agreement. I have it recorded. The bluffs that the Browns made never had any real merit as they showed their cards too much before the draft.

Originally posted by gridironmike

Would you pick up Courtney if he were a reasonable free agent? You know they have Kenard Lang too. Would you like to have him back?

I’d lean towards not going after him… what’s the longest stretch of games he’s played without getting injured? Last I checked, we didn’t have Mr. MIYAGI on staff.

Urlacher not having big behemoths in front of him has been exposed

give lavar a solid d line and the same system to play in for 4 years and you'd be stuck tohis jock like crazy glue

pennington has a noodle arm like the qb at the time b johnson and we already had george and we dont run a left coast offense

And with the curse of norv those guys would ve either had injuries or been busts here

Archived