Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd QB Is?

Dan T.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

The 3rd QB is me. I got one hell of an arm and will just throw deep to Coles every down or audible to a run by saying "I am just gonna hand it off"

Does anyone know why Brad Banks dropped off so far? He went from Heisman candidate to not drafted. I don't know much about his style of play, but it seems to me that you have to be pretty damn good to be in the Heisman race (Weurffel excluded).

The only thing I can tell was wrong with him was his height. I know a certain QB in San Diego that will tell you height does not matter as much as scouts tell you.

So here's my question: was Banks cut because of his skills or because Hamdan "looks like a QB"?

Or because any time you see a Banks at QB for the skins, he fumbles twice a game?

According to S.S. on WTEM just a few minutes ago, they'll look to sign a QB to the practice squad, ( there's a Brad Banks opening for Inmate if there ever was one :silly: ). T.H. and Hamden right now. As for Banks, has he been signed by anybody else? If not, then maybe there's a reason for that?

:cheers:

The big red flag issue over Brad Banks was about his height. But at the combine -- where there are accurate measurements -- he measured 5-10 and 3/4ths or lets say 5-11. Not the 5-9 that was reported by some media.

Now Joe Theismann and Fran Tarkenton as I recall, were barely 6 feet in height and they played great. I think Michael Vick is listed at 6-0; Tim Rattay is listed at 6-0; and a few others.

Doug Flutie is listed at 5-10.

I dont think being 1 inch shorter then everyone else is the most important factor, PROVIDED you have mobility and some other intangibles to compensate for it.

Therefore I would like to see Brad Banks get a fair shot on the field. :mad:

Redskins | Doman Expected To Sign - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 8 Dec 2003 14:48:46 -0800

Mark Zuckerman, of the Washington Times, reports the Washington Redskins planned on signing free agent QB Brandon Doman (Bills) to the practice squad to serve as the third-string QB behind QB Tim Hasselbeck and QB Gibran Hamdan for the remainder of the season. Doman, a former fifth-round pick of the 49ers, spent time as Buffalo's third-string quarterback earlier this season.

doman_brandon.jpg

Position: Quarterback

College: Brigham Young

Height: 6-2

Weight: 210

Hometown: Salt Lake City, Utah

Career Notes | Agility | High School | Personal | Stats

ANALYSIS

Positives: High-percentage passer who is very poised facing the pass rush … Scans the field quickly to find his secondary receivers … Has strong legs and great balance when forced out of the pocket … Shows superb roll-and-throw skills and accuracy on his intermediate and short tosses … Delivers swing passes to his backs nicely … Patient waiting for his receivers to get open and shows the ability to run with the ball when forced out of the pocket … Fluid dropping back and poses a threat to run with his elusiveness.

Negatives: Struggles to maintain that accuracy throwing long, as the ball seems to hang … Lacks the arm strength to get the ball upfield in an instant … His lack of height poses problems scanning the field with larger defenders in the way … Has good timing and a quick release, but does not show zip behind his throws.

CAREER NOTES

Late bloomer with only 15 career starts under his belt … Emerged when coach Gary Crowton joined the program in 2001 … Had only completed 52 of 96 passes for 812 yards prior to his final season, but was a weekly highlight film as a senior … Finished his career with 4,354 yards, 35 touchdowns and only 14 interceptions on 313 of 504 attempts (62.1 percent).

Archived