Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How does Handicap parking work at games?

Skinsfan1311

I'm giving a preseason game to someone with serious mobility issues.  He uses a walker. I contacted the Ticket office and they said that he could go to guest services and exchange my tickets for accessible seating. 

They also said that Handicap parking is "first-come, first-serve"  and he should arrive early with my parking pass and Handicap parking permit.  

For those in the know, how early is early?

Thanks!

We took our dad to the 2012 game vs. Dallas and got there super early.  I can not imagine the crowd will be much for the game against the Jets, but the Broncos could be busy.  If your seats are in the lower level, you can exchange for 1 for the ADA person and 1 for a companion.  The ADA seats for the lower level are at the back of section 123 and they are great (my dad still talks about how great they were -- it also helped that the game lived up to the hype as well)  Even if everybody is standing up, you are elevated enough to see over the crowd and see the field with no issues.  The exchanges for those are on a first come first serve basis as well.  There is also an ADA bathroom behind section 124 next to guest services.

49 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

We took our dad to the 2012 game vs. Dallas and got there super early.  I can not imagine the crowd will be much for the game against the Jets, but the Broncos could be busy.  If your seats are in the lower level, you can exchange for 1 for the ADA person and 1 for a companion.  The ADA seats for the lower level are at the back of section 123 and they are great (my dad still talks about how great they were -- it also helped that the game lived up to the hype as well)  Even if everybody is standing up, you are elevated enough to see over the crowd and see the field with no issues.  The exchanges for those are on a first come first serve basis as well.  There is also an ADA bathroom behind section 124 next to guest services.

That's jusy the kind of info that I was looking for, thanks. 

Our seats are in the lowers, (237), and the girl I talked to in the office stated that they will have plenty of seats, but that the parking is limited. 

It will be the Jets game. I'll pass along the info,  and he can decide how early to show up.

Thanks, again!

I've parked in the handicapped lots for over 10 years now. I recommend your friend enter from Morgan Blvd and use the handicapped lot on the right next to the Stadium. That would be the closest lot to the Ticket window. It is also the easiest way to navigate with a walker. I suggest arriving 1.5 hours before game time. Parking is limited but attendance is low for preseason games. (You need to arrive at least 2.5 hours early for most regular season games.) You will need your handicapped placard or license plate PLUS a valid parking pass for a Morgan Blvd parking lot. Any color parking pass is fine. The ticket office is on the left as you face the stadium. IF your parking pass is for a lot along Redskins road, he will have to park in that lot and walk to the other side of the stadium to the ticket office. But being in 237, you should be in a Morgan Blvd lot. 

I also suggest giving him the Redskins operations phone number in case he needs assistance. The TO can give it to you. Don't have my phone with me right now or I would include it. 

Nothing really to add to what Mark said about changing your tickets. 

I pulled this from the website.  I think everything was already answered, but...

How do I purchase ADA tickets?

To obtain an ADA seat location, fans should purchase any available ticket location for the game. Then on the day of the game, fans in need of accessible seating should visit Guest Services, located on every level inside the stadium at Gates A and E.

Accessible seating is available on all levels at FedExField. We will relocate fans in need of accessible seating to a location as close as possible to their initial ticket location.

Please note that accessible seating in any specific section may be limited, so fans with a preferred seat location should arrive early. Stadium gates generally open two hours prior to each event.

How do I purchase ADA parking?

FedExField offers on-site accessible parking for guests with a valid state-issued disabled parking permit and/or license plate. To obtain accessible parking, fans need to have a valid FedExField parking pass in the Purple, Orange, or Green Lots. Parking attendants will direct those with a FedExField parking pass and a valid state-issued disabled parking permit and/or license plate to the accessible parking locations.

Additionally, golf cart transportation is available for fans who need additional assistance. Please call (301)-276-6100 or text SKINS to 69050 to request accessibility assistance on gameday.

Accessible parking is also available in the Gray Lot (cash lot) on Brightseat Road. Shuttles containing wheelchair lifts run on a continuous loop to the entrance to the stadium for disabled fans and their guests.  Please note that the Gray Lot is the only cash lot controlled by FedExField.  The Redskins and FedExField cannot guarantee the availability of accessible parking or other accommodations at any other cash lot surrounding the stadium.

Archived